How is the WTS preparing for the new system?

by heyfea 12 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

Hello all,

If anyone has any knowledge regarding this, please tell me. However, I do wish that someone in the Watchtower is reading this and think about it for a moment.

How is the Watchtower preparing for the new system? I mean, since they say that is around the corner, and that the destruction in Armageddon will be so devastating, surely they do not expect to have a functioning community after it. How then, are they getting ready to live after Armageddon? Do they have a substantial number of civil engineers, architects, scientists, agronomists, pilots, etc.? How about sufficient natural resources to run cars and airplanes, which will be essential to transport supplies? Maybe they are counting of Jehovah to send food like He did with the Israelites.

Does anyone know if the WTS is making arrangements to have a smooth transition after Armageddon into the “new system”?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

surely they do not expect to have a functioning community after

Oh yes they do ! At least as far as public information goes. They have never revealed any post-Armageddon plans. They have always discouraged Witnesses from thinking of the practical problems of life after the big A.

"Trust in Jehovah - and keep doing the Ministry " is all they would say

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Do they have a substantial number of civil engineers, architects, scientists, agronomists, pilots, etc.? How about sufficient natural resources to run.

Surely you must be joking, most JWS don't even have a high school diploma, since the WTS. has told them they wouldn't need it

being that the new system of things was so close at hand, it would therefore just be a waste of time and effort. ( from their own words )

The WTS has no plans at all for the new system, the only thing they have planned for where are they going to set up their next printing plant

and what Bible doctrine they are going to change to fit their needs.

This business scam has been going on now for almost a century and I'm still shocked that naive and gullible people are still buying into it still

Wake up and smell the coffee people !

• apocryphal22
    apocryphal22

The last time they made any plans was back in the 1920's (Beth Sarim). Since that time they have shyed away from that sort of thing.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let me respond to that question, with a question.

If, on a day to day basis, on this side of the New System, the Watchtower mantra is 'Just wait on Jehovah, he knows better than us' , why would not that same mantra apply to things as significant as the 'other side'?

They don't even worry about the big stuff - like how will a handful of Jw's exist and florish in the early days following the GT in spite of having to walk among the putrifying, and dangerous, bloated bodies of billions of dead all around them. They used to believe that they would have to bury the dead - now they believe that Jehober will take care of everything.

Jeff

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehover will provide....in the mean time they teach us to be un-questioning zombie slaves...perfect for a new world society!

• sir82
    sir82
    Maybe they are counting of Jehovah to send food like He did with the Israelites.

There's your answer right there.

"Won't the piles of 6 billion dead humans smell after a day or 2?"

"Jehovah will provide a solution."

"Won't people have problems due to lack of electricity, lack of refrigeration, lack of clean water?"

"Jehovah will provide"

"What about the psychological trauma of seeing billions of people die a horrible violent death, hearing their screams for mercy, etc."

"Jehovah will cause us not to suffer"

Etc. Etc. Etc. ad nauseum ad infinitum. Whatever potential problem you can envision, "Oh don't worry, Jehovah will take care of all that."

• yknot
    yknot

The only 'New System' they are preparing for is the future survival of the WTS as profitable corporations.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Aside from the food and water miracles in the OT (ok, throw in a resurrection or two), Jehovah may have given instructions here and there, but the work among His people was done manually, like the construction of the temple, the ark, etc. It is naïve to think that those who participated in such constructions were men of no skills whatsoever.

I am a woman of faith. I know wholeheartedly that God CAN make miracles. However, He gave us this planet. This is our gift from God, our miracle. He expects us to work it. If people want comfort, (electricity, running water, communication systems) then people should accommodate such comfort without damaging the environment. But that requires a great deal of studying. After Armageddon, it will be time to put knowledge into practice. There won’t be any time to study, nor will it be any place to acquire knowledge from.

• yknot
    yknot

Heyfea

Good observation.

I expect such rebuilding would take several decades maybe hundreds of years but according to Revelation it is all once again destroyed sometime after the 1000 year reign.

I grew up with JWs who focused on survivalist skills during Trib and the Big A.

However there was the understanding that the 144,000 would be directing the rebuilding and replanting during the millennial reign.

We all learned about agriculture, water filtering, and fuel alternatives (it was the 70s after all!). All the boys and most of the girls were expected to attend college for the Society's benefit too should all the hullabaloo happen later in our lives (but no one expected this system to still be around after 2000)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit