Need your comments on Luke 20:34,35

by truthlover 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthlover
    truthlover

Dealing with the seven brothers and the one wife - Jesus said, they will be as the angels, and cannot die anymore so my ?? is if they are not going to heaven and will stay on the earth as "eunuchs" are they "Princes" since they cannot die anymore and arent supposed to go to heaven, so sayeth the WTB$?? And if the mate goes thru armageddon , apparently they will not live as husb and wife anymore ... any one out there with some insight on this? I know some mates will say good riddance but then there are some good marriages who want to know... enquiring minds..

• blondie
    blondie

what?

• truthlover
    truthlover

Hi Blondie:

The WTBS says that those who die before armageddon and are awaiting resurrection, will be, upon resurrection, as Luke 20 says, like the angels, neither married nor given in marriage ,they will then not die anymore, so what are they, Princes on the earth,living as eunuchs, since they cannot marry--- and what happens to the sad mate, who wont be able to love this person again, in a sexual manner? Do they go their separate ways in the new system.. I cant see why we are living together for years in this system, but cant in the new one, and if one looks at the great number of people who have died and will be resurrected, there will be billions on earth who will be in this position, not being married or able to marry but be as the angels, not dying anymore..

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that people who die and are resurrected will not marry whether in heaven or on earth. Death severs the marriage bond, so the mate still living on earth can remarry another person. When the first mate is resurrected, they are not considered married any longer to that person. Will there be some sadness? I would suppose so but the WTS has said that those feelings will be removed and that resurrected people many not even have sexual urges. Is there anything in the bible to support this idea........no.......but that has not stopped the WTS before. As far as I know no jws are required to be eunuchs while living on earth.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah they won't have a penis or vagina anymore...they will pee out their index fingers.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Blondie

What say you on the fact they cannot die anymore?? If they are in the new system, being resurrected, what about the test at the end of the 1000 year reign... that looks like they will pass the test without being tried...

If they cannot die anymore, wouldnt that mean they would be in heaven, since being like the angels, that is the place they should end up?

Hi 007 - just trying to figure it all out

• blondie
    blondie

Can't die due to old age and sickness....in the WT world....God can still kill anyone, including people/spirits/whatever that are immortal.

So what's your point?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hmm... I tend to agree that the sentence "neither can they die anymore" (oude gar apothanein eti dunantai) is potentially very problematic to the WT application of this text to the earthly resurrected who, by WT definition, are not immortal and can die.

It could be explained away as Blondie suggested, but it would require a painful interpretation (as it is the exact opposite of what the text actually says) -- certainly not above WT interpretive capacity, but I don't recall having read any explanation on this particular point.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

This is one of the things that always bothered me.....

The ones resurrected will not have sexual urges, but are still living amongst people who are enjoying sexual urges.

Isn't this what did the rebellious angels in - they saw the daughters of men and decided they wanted that, too?

Why would the same situation be set up in the new world - some enjoying carnal pleasures and others not allowed.

I don't get it.

If you're going to do away with sexual urges, why not do away with gender all together? And make us all men? Or women?

• truthlover
    truthlover

Thanks Narkissos, I just lost my mate and this got me to thinking of this scripture..

Blondie - I guess my point is that some on the board get into the Greek, Hebrew, etc. and I was wondering if there is another rendering of these scriptures to throw in any different perspective.. True, God can erase anyone at any time, He has the power and will do so for those who do not follow the new guidelines, yet those who do "make it" have the honor of immortality on the earth. This then begs the question, are they immortal before the end of the 1,000 year reign and will they need to be tested if they can no longer die? I guess it depends on WHEN they become as angels and cannot die..

Palmtree 67 - looks like we r in the same boat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit