Since "OUR" sins are "CANCELLED WHEN WE DIE", what happens to DF'd persons's sins?

by african GB Member 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I am just wondering since the ELDERS don't even bury the DF'd....

Do they stay DF'd even after death?

Is there really a reason for JW's to continue SHUNNING this poor souls?

african GB member

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Will the DF'd get an opportunity to be reinstated in the new system?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My understanding (I've been out for almost 25 years so it may have changed but I doubt it) is that DFed ones who do not get reinstated are doomed for perpetuity.

We are dust forever. No second chances

Mind you that goes directly opposite God being able to read our hearts but oh well the GB can't seem to wrap their heads around conflicting teachings

• blondie
    blondie

*** w97 7/1 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***Yes. Understandably, many have wondered about this because Matthew 25:31, 32 says: "When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats." TheWatchtower of October 15, 1995, showed why these verses apply after the great tribulation begins. Jesus will arrive in his glory with his angels and will sit on his judgment throne.

For many years I heard the WTS say that people today are being judged to be goats or sheep and that upon death even before the beginning of GT/Armageddon that non-jws would go to Gehenna. After this adjustment in doctrine in 1995, the WTS and individual jws understood that people who died before the GT, were no longer in a judgment period, but would go to Sheol with a hope of resurrection.

jws have a penchant for judging and cannot believe that God is qualified to do so.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If your sins are cancelled when you die...then why would you need a thousand years of being constantly judged by Kings and priests?

DOes "blood of Jesus" not cover future sins in the New System?

Will you be doing penance for imperfection in New Sytem? Maybe chain gang work detail?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wait a minute... I thought Jebus paid for our sins.

If this is true, then why do people still die at all?

• sir82
    sir82

jws have a penchant for judging and cannot believe that God is qualified to do so.

!!!

That's got to be one of the most prescient comments ever on JWD / JWN.

Lord a-mighty, I can think of about a bazillion people that applies to.

• blondie
    blondie

Are you "tweaking" me, sir82?

: a strong and continued inclination = penchant

• sir82
    sir82

Not sure what "tweaking" entails.

My comment was a compliment - I've rarely heard JWs characterized so succinctly.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I remember talking to the mother of a d/f'd person, when I was an elder, and reminding her that only Jehovah granted resurrections and her daughters salvation belong to Him and not the elders who d'fd her..

The Witnessses do teach that death pays for your sins so they cannot preclude a ress for a dead d/fd..even if some elders will say so..

As for funerals, they printed this : KM 3/97 p7

" What if the deceased was disfellowshipped? The congregation would generally not be involved. The Kingdom Hall would not be used. If the person had been giving evidence of repentance and manifesting a desire to be reinstated, a brother’s conscience might allow him to give a Bible talk at the funeral home or graveside, to give a witness to unbelievers and to comfort the relatives. Before making this decision, however, it would be wise for the brother to consult with the body of elders and give consideration to what they may recommend. In situations where it would not be wise for that brother to be involved, it may be appropriate for a brother who is a member of the deceased person’s family to give a talk to console the relatives."

If you can find a liberal elder, you might be able to get one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit