question on memorial for Research Lady

by isaacaustin 17 Replies latest jw friends

• the research lady
    the research lady

Hello! Isaacaustin, I'm glad to answer your question. Since Rick has been disfellowshipped since 2005, the Elders might give him a hard time if he tried to even enter the Kingdom Hall. But, I am not disfellowshipped so I probably could go in and partake but, would certainly be brought into the Elders room for questioning after the event. Since Rick and I are real Christians we would be going against the scriptures to go in and participate with the rest of the group who are not following the scriptures in obedience to Jesus' own words in John 6:53--"So Jesus said to them, "Truly,truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves". The way that Jehovah's Witnesses celebrate their Memorial is actually a Pagan practice. To pass the bread and wine and refuse to partake of these is going against what Jesus said to do. As far as them calling the police, that would be unnecessary since we have already done so. They have been there with us for the past several years making sure that we are safe. That is because we always get written permission to demonstrate, even though it is not necessary.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thanks for your reply Inez. And I agree participlating in their ritual would go against Jesus words. You guys are on the up and up. You have as much right to peacefully demonstrate as you do as much as anyone has a right to have a ministry to help JWs in other ways- be it an online ministry, book, or however else one chooses. True, it reinforces in the minds of active witnesses that "those aposates will stop at nothing"...but honestly, anything done will do that. If you can assist in preventing just a few people from joining (which you obviously have) then you have accomplished something. So....my final words on this topic, and I personally will not revisit, are good luck, God bless you in your efforts, stay strong, and keep up the good work.

IH

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    The way that Jehovah's Witnesses celebrate their Memorial is actually a Pagan practice.

LOL. It seems easier to turn JW thinking against JWs than to break free from it...

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Narkissos,

I do agree,calling it a"pagan practice" may be a bit heavy,but I do feel the whole JW memorial thing is a bit like a Black Mass!

love

Wobble

• wobble
    wobble

How about every faded witness going and partaking,even if they are now a non-believer,if 144001 did it,it would sure cause a rucus!

love

Wobble

• jws
    jws

From what I remember, the Memorial was the place to see all of the old members. The ones who you never saw because they faded or were DFed. And I don't know that they were there maliciously. I think they got coaxed into it by family members. So, ex-JWs showing up would be the norm, wouldn't it? So I wouldn't automatically expect a negative reaction unless they knew you personally and had reason to think you're up to something.

As far as the emblems, I've been told that the elders decide which partakers to count. So you could have every ex-JW there ever was come and partake, but most elders wouldn't count any of them.

But you could make a spectacle for the JWs attending to witness. Imagine a whole row of partakers? How many times would they need to fill the wine back up again (drawing further attention to your row)?

And I know we have some drinkers out there. Down the whole glass? They usually have enough wine to pour a few glasses and have several glasses being passed around. 1 bottle? 2 bottles at the most? What if a bunch of ex-JWs strategically placed at the front of the hall could down all of the wine and eat all of the bread? What would they have to pass to the rest of the hall? They wouldn't be able to "observe" the emblems going by. I've gotta imagine that'd be very unsettling to a lot of JWs.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Funny story Narkissos. It's hard to even picture you going about such a thing after reading many of your well though out and even temepered posts. You must have really been in the spirit brother

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Research Lady...check your pm please..thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit