Has anyone on this forum ever made a funny phonecall

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

I used to say things sometimes, but then figured with phone memory somebody could figure out what number they really dialed and who I was. Sometimes when somebody calls my number by mistake and asks for a girl, I might say something suggestive like, "she can't talk right now - she's got something in her mouth" and hang up. Or "she's getting dressed right now, can I have her call you back"? And if they say "What???" I just say "oops, gotta go" and hang up.

I remember once when I was a kid, I had an Apple 2 and a program that could do sound effects over my modem. So I'd call somebody and play these sound effects. It could be synthesised voice (and this was old-school voice emulation that you could hardly understand) or did various types of phone sounds: ringing, touch tones, busy signals, etc. We thought that was funny. Have a computer call somebody. We had a speaker (no mic) hooked up so we could hear it all. The computer could dial through the modem and then we could have it do the sound effects when somebody answered.

One day we decided to prank one of the sisters in the hall that was kind of annoying. As soon as she answered, we had the modem start playing a ringing sound identical to the one you hear when you're calling somebody. So, she hears her phone ring, answers, and is immediately treated to a ringing sound as if she's calling somebody (and this was years before telemarketing calls that do the same). Meanwhile, my dad who was asleep in the living room hears the ringing sound coming from the speaker in my room and thinks it's the phone and rushes to answer it. He picks up and now my dad's on the phone with this woman and we stop the ringing sound. I don't think they recognized each other's voices, but they started arguing with each other about who called who. After deciding it was some sort of wierd mix-up and hanging up, my dad comes into my room to ask whether I was screwing around with the phone. By that time, we had turned off the monitor and pretended like we were doing something else.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

This is a great thread..lol.

Me and my same pal had another one, only it was a little more detailed. We lived in a small town and just had a brand new KFC had just opened up. On the store window in big letters was "WIN A FINGER LICKIN FEAST FOR 50!". We must have been super bored or something, cause i know it's not like we planned it...it just happened.

We went through the local phonebook and picked a random name. My friend and I took turns talking, and had maybe half a dozen victims. One was the mother of one of our school buddies.

Ring ring ring.

Random Stranger : "hello?"

Me : " Hello, may i please speak with (insert random name here) Phil McKracken please?"

RS : "Yes? This is Phil."

Me : " Hello, Phil! As you may already know, this week marks the opening of the brand new KFC in town, and to celebrate we are offering you the chance to win a Finger Lickin Feast for 50! Your name has been randomly picked to possibly win, all you have to do is answer a skill testing question...would you like to continue?"

RS : "Why yes, of course."

It was at this point that people seemed a little bit on the excited side.

Me: " All right sir, here is you question ' Where was the first KFC ever established?' You now have 30 seconds."

My buddy starts making tick tocking sounds with his tongue at this point, and it sounds quite realistic.

RS: "ummmm.Well, I just dont't know."

Me : " Sir, the answer is really quite simple if you take a second and think about it..."

RS : " Ummm. Kentucky?"

This answer prompted my buddy to starting making whirly screaming noises in the background, along with a siren noise.

Me : "CONGRATULATIONS! You ARE a winner! Please come down and claim your prize!"

We carried it out a bit after that telling them to come down to the store and ask for such and such a name...out of the 6 people, there was one guy who called bullshit...and good on him. ha

Making things a wee bit funnier was the following Monday at school. One of our mutual friends came up and asked us both if we had called his Mom on the weekend. After giving him a look of wonderment he spilled what happened. His Mom got the call and SHE WENT TO THE STORE TO CLAIM THE PRIZE! oh man, we had another good laugh after that.

Ironically enough, turns out my friend DID win that contest (names went into a box) and the whole hall was invited to a big backyard dinner/picnic.

I kid you not.

lurk3r

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have a friend who did one prank that tops just about any other.

He had a scanner that picked up cell phone calls, which includes emergency call boxes. So one day he was listening and someone is giving the wayhigh patrol operator their home phone number to call. He quickly dials it and an answering machine picks up. So he feeds the scanner audio over the phone line to the answering machine, which faithfully records the operator getting a busy signal and telling the caller that the phone must be in use.

I am sure to this day they think it was like something out of a twilight zone episode.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

These are really hilarious.

Okay... I'll tell one. To set it up though... I need to tell a bit of background info.

I do impersonations. Not good ones (although my wife would disagree), but I try. Anyway - one of my 'voices' is Rodney Dangerfield.

Before we got married, my wife used to work at an optical store locally - and had a few co-workers there that she wanted to prank. So she was talking to me on the phone one day and sez, "When we hang up - I want you to call back and do your Rodney Dangerfield voice." I didn't want to - but she insisted, so I did. Here's how the conversation went... you will have to mental Rodney Dangerfield's voice.

RING RING

A woman answers, "Hello?"

Rodney, "Hello? You gotta help me!"

Woman, "Yes? How may we help you sir?"

Rodney, "It's terrible! You gotta help me! I just got my new glasses, and ... I can see!"

Woman, hesitatingly, "...and how may we help you, sir?"

Rodney, "I tell ya! It's terrible! I put my new glasses on - and I can see! I can see my wife! ... ohh boy! That's a sight you don't wanna see!"

Woman, more hesitatingly... "...and... you... want ... us to help you... how?"

Rodney, "You gotta fix my glasses!"

Meanwhile - at the optometrist's office, the gal that had answered the phone was mouthing to the others there, and pointing to the phone... not sure how to handle the call she had answered.

My wife was watching the gal, and burst out laughing - and then told her that it was me on the phone.

They all thought it was funny... afterwards.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Another one that I thought of - happened a long time ago. Where I worked at that time - they got a new phone system installed that had all sorts of new features. One of the features allowed you to forward your number to a second number - so that all calls would be transferred and ring at the second number. (I hope that makes sense)

Anyway... there was this one fella at work that was annoying. An easy target for pranks.

I found one phone in the building that had been used by a secretary (that's what they used to be called) that had been transferred - and so the phone was left there at that desk - unoccupied and unused.

I tapped in the transfer code, and transferred that number to the number of the fella we were going to prank.

We then scribbled a note - that read something like, "Call me immediately! - 5555" - the extension was the number of this phone.

Soooooo... he gets back from lunch (or wherever he was), sees the note - and thinks that it must be really important! - and dials the extension.

Burrp Burrp Burrp - busy.

He hangs up - waits a bit - and dials again.

Burrp Burrp Burrp - busy.

Of course... it was ALWAYS going to ring busy - because the phone was forwarded to his own number - which he was using.

He must've done this for about 10 to 20 times before he called the operator to see who had that phone.

We laughed about that one for a bit.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit