Meeting other ex-JWs

by stillAwitness 7 Replies latest social humour

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

How do you meet other ex-jws in your town safely? I've tried meetup.com, apostafests, but they always only have about 3 or 4 members and they happen to be far away

• oompa
    oompa

well if you are 24 and that is your picture....you should just plan on meeting me (and a few other here the need be) @ my beach place!!!......and ya...esp for us "born ins".....it does seem easier/better to have other ex-dubs as our first friends.......at least for me anyway...........oomps

• redredrose
    redredrose

Oompa,

Just let me know when!

• oompa
    oompa

OMG YES!....come alone redrose!.......fantasy fulfilled............oompa

• redredrose
    redredrose

Luv Ya, Oompa!

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

stilla, I am not sure how to do that. In my experience even if you do a meetup with many people you still can come across some unsavory characters. I myself have been stalked, to a degree, by someone I trusted from a meetup. I wondered why our local meetup ended. The threats, and subsequent lack of interest here, kind of indicated to me that I was not the only one.

I can only suggest ALWAYS meeting in public and not giving out personal information. Good luck to you.

• oompa
    oompa

I have met several from here and so appreciate their friendship!...several live very nearby....what part of GA are you from?.....try and make some friends here first....pm to find those nearby...THEN have a meetup or your phone friends over for the grillout.......i have also made good phone friends here from other states and found ways to meet.....good luck........

that lake tahoe meetup last year was a big blast i heard....i knew several there and it sounded awesome...

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I met up with a bunch at the Toronto Apostafest in Oct 07 and that was a blast...nice to put real names to real people behind screen names and avatars... hearing their stories told me I had made the right move. Those fests are the best because they are in public locations.

I am seriously thinking of putting a Meetup group together for St. Louis...there might be enough interest.... of course, in doing so, I am taking a chance on being outed from my fader status and getting an upgrade to apostate status.

What part of Georgia? My non-JW brother (raised in it, never baptized) is north of Atlanta.... I may be making a trip down that way in May...

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit