Why Do Boys Like To Fight - And Not Take Baths???

by snowbird 38 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

My g'sons are teenagers now (14 and 13), and they've gone from sweet, helpful little boys to gruff-voiced, smelly strangers!

Girls reigned in our family, and I don't know how to relate to boys.

What do I do?

Sylvia

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I must say I prefer the way males handle conflict.

When we're pissed off at each other about something we pound on each other for a few minutes, get it out of our system, then go out for beer together.

When females have a problem, they let it fester and play all sorts of vicious and mean spirited games with each other for decades on end.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You've certainly got a point, Else.

Sylvia

• dobbie
    dobbie

Snowbird i have 3 boys, the eldest are only 4 and 6 but i dread to think what they will be like as teens! They like their baths but constantly fight and bicker - they're lovely to their family and friends - just not to each other, i now have 2 weeks school holidays to get through - plus a one yr old - agh! (Love 'em to bits tho!!!)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Snowbird you must remember we boys are made from "Snakes and snails and puppy dogs tails" while you are made from "sugar and spice and all things nice" ......us blokes cant help it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Dobbie, I hear you.

They're respectful to me, but constantly pound on and try to outdo each other.

I love them, too, but they get on my last nerve.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    us blokes cant help it.

I'm beginning to believe that.

Sylvia

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You can always sell them to a Coal Mine in Kazakstan...help them get rid of excess energy and make some cash!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    When we're pissed off at each other about something we pound on each other for a few minutes, get it out of our system, then go out for beer together.

And that's better than picking on each other mercilessly until one develops an eating disorder?

• snowbird
    snowbird

007, I just send them back to their parents!

I just never realized that boys and girls are so different.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit