whats the best memorial you DID NOT attend?

by darth frosty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Every body has a thread about R U attending the memorial or whats gon happen who's gon partake...what I want to know whats the best memorial that you missed or skipped?

For me it was the first memorial I missed. I stopped going to the hal in 04 but, got conned into going to the memorial in 05. In 06 I wasn't having any of it. I jumped on my motorcycle and rode out to lake whitmore (30 miles west of Detroit.)

It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ride out. I found a nice spot to park and just enjoyed the beauty of the moment by myself. I watched the sunset and didn't even think about all the crap they spout about not passing the embles till after sundown.

What was your best memorial you missed?

• minimus
    minimus

How would I know if I didn't attend???

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

All of the ones I have missed in the past 20 years have been the best ones for me!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I know that I missed the memorial at least once, but have no idea what year. I believe I was really sick. I know I also missed a CO visit one year because of a snow storm. That was the only one i remember missing other than one during my honeymoon.

Still trying to remember the year i missed. Was before 2003 but that's all I can remember.

• hubert
    hubert

All of them.

I've never been a j.w. and don't intend to be one.

Hubert

• parakeet
    parakeet

I've missed 30 of them.

And when I'm lying on my deathbed missing yet another Memorial, it will still be the best one I didn't attend.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

THis week will be the first for me.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    I've missed 30 of them.
    And when I'm lying on my deathbed missing yet another Memorial, it will still be the best one I didn't attend.

I agree with Parakeet. But I've missed 37 of them. I never missed one before that.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Last year, because on that day I was baptized, confirmed, and received Holy Communion as a Roman Catholic.

After all those years of watching the bread and wine pass by, it seemed very ironic that the JW Memorial fell on the exact same day that I received Holy Communion for the first time!!

Ruth

http://nanaruthann.blogspot.com

• Emma
    Emma

My first one. We'd gone to Cancun. i remember looking up at the huge moon hovering over the ocean and how remarkably peaceful it felt. It wasn't ujntil we got home and found a memorial invite that I realized what night it was that I was admiring the moon. Haven't been since and that must have been fifteen years ago - how time flies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit