Here's One ....

by The Berean 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

Is it better to disassociate oneself as one of JWs or wait for due process and be disfellowshipped?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Each case is different.

• oompa
    oompa

what is your goal?

• The Berean
    The Berean

oompa: My goal is to gain mental wellness and to be in a position to assist others

• ninja
    ninja

better disfellowshipping them I say

• wobble
    wobble

Or you can Fade.

Love

Wobble

• Nellie
    Nellie

Well, I faded for as long as I could - then came the knock at the door . . . so I DA'd myself. My reasoning - I wanted them to understand that I wasn't disfellowshipped because I "couldn't keep their rules" or "wanted to engage in wrongdoing" - I DA'd myself because I had found out that "they weren't who they claimed to be and I no longer wanted to be associated with them." I left on MY terms, not theirs!

Semantics, some might say - but it meant all the difference to me.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just fade......

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Change you identity....move to Alaska and grow a beard!

• dobbie
    dobbie

My experience so far is that d'ad whereas sis in law was d'fd. Thing is they are all alot kinder (some even had contact with her secretly) to and about her whereas i was honest and didn't hurt anyone but am totally ignored and disliked. I am sure it is because she was d'fd so it wasn't her decision, therefore she is more likely to go back to them but i left of my own free will. So they look much more kindly on her than me. Fading can work for a while but to be totally successful i think you need to move where none of the witnesses know you, otherwise when you least expect it they'll be checking up on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit