WHAT DEFINES AN APOSTATE ACCORDING TO THE ELDERS?

by Hobo Ken 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ninja
    ninja

it's the time of the bethel trouble wobble

• IT Support
    IT Support

wobble:

ninja is correct.

The radicalization of the 'apostate' doctrine was part of WT's attempt to 'deal' with the Ray Franz problem. If you have Crisis of Conscience, see Chapter 11 'Aftermath' (Chapter 12 in newer editions) in which the above letter was reproduced.

Ray says:

"As the facts show, people, many persons, were actually disfellowshipped and continue to be disfellowshipped solely on the basis of this very thought-control policy sent out." (Second Edition 1992, p 294) [italics added]

Here we have yet another example of WT duplicity: on the one hand they tell JWs that if they have any doubts about WT doctrine, they only need to "wait on Jehovah" and it will be all sorted out. In the meantime, however, if they don't like the cut of your jib, they'll cheerfully disfellowship you for apostasy.

Anyway, I hope this answers your question wobble, also yours Hobo!

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

Funny that the elders that have opposite views are not expelled for being an apostate, since only 1 (or none) can be right. I remember one elder that used to say things that where opposite of the views expressed in the watchtower, but we always misunderstood him or he never said it or he said I am truly sorry,(77times) and that was that and then some time after that he pointed out that he was an elder and his view should be respected we should not contradict elders that if we did, that would be harmfull to us. (because? if you want to become a pioneer he will tell you NO You cannot become a pioneer because You disrespect elders)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit