Congo Merge!!! WOW

by tresdecu 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sir82, everything is a sign of urgency. Close a congregation, "The love of the greater number is cooling off" sign of nearness. Another congo grows as a result of the economic shift, "Jehovah is speeding it up" and "Desirable things are comiing in" from the nations. Nothing changes, the trance remains. W.Once

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Congo merges are commen place out here in L.A. English congs are shrinking. Every year in SoCal, another merging appears. If not for the foriegn speaking congs, it would be a total decline

• viva
    viva

I know of several merges in the midwest. Industry left, so did the younger JWs who had to support family, additionally no new growth from born ins since younger families left. So they merge congergations and make the elderly JWs drive further.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I live in suburban Atanta and I have lived in this area for 30 years. I do not know nor have I ever known any JWs in Georgia. I do know that there used to be a Kingdom Hall not to far from here. It closed down and they sold it several years ago. I have no idea what the story was. There is another one that I pass by occasionally but it seems to be mostly a Hispanic congregation as the signs are in Spanish.

I haven't heard of any merges from my extended family in South Carolina but I don't see them very often.

• 5go
    5go

The hall I left had two spanish languages and one english in the hall. This hall has three to one and the english is looking more and more like it will be moved to another mainly english hall and merged. So yeah without spanish imigrants there would be no growth period in the USA.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Speaking with inscrutable stealth, Ninja said, " they need another 1975...and soon"

Yes they do, and lo! 2034 appears on the horizon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit