So what happened in 1995?

by RaraAvis 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RaraAvis
    RaraAvis

I keep reading about new light or some big change in 1995. I left in 92, so what is everyone referring to?

RA

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

That was the infamous generation change. The FDS got 'new light' and decided that the 1914 generation wasn't a literal one after all. I don't remember the exact WT, but I'm sure someone else can post it. A dramatic change, and yet the majority of dubs barely batted an eyelash.

• KAYTEE
  • Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yeah, I'd like to hear more details on this also. I had no contact with any JWs during that period and I've been out so long I don't even remember what the 1914 generation is.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

RaraAvis and Scarred for Life

The easiest way is to go to the search button at the top of the page and type 1995 in the search box. You will get a selection of topics on this very subject.

KT

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Late 95 & 96 were very busy years. There were long neglected home repairs to be done, business plans to reavaluate, unnuities to rethink,lack of retirement plans to formulate. There was also the discreet vemoval of several rows of chairs from the back of the hall and storage of them to be done.But everyone was too busy with a realignment of our congregations territory started by the CO to take much notice. Oh!, and the parking problem mysteriously no longer existed.

Blithe

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

This whole topic amuses me, because I was still a JW in 95, and was not even in fade mode. I heard 1914 was no longer 1914, but thought that it had happened after I left in 1998. It just makes me realize how adept I was at tuning everything out. I guess after a lifetime of doing it, you become a pro.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I've been out so long I don't even remember what the 1914 generation is.

Wow I'm so freakin jealous!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

JimmyPage:

You'll get there, too!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that change in 1995 was the beginning of the end for me. It started the critical thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit