Growing up a dub - favourite day of the week?

by Mickey mouse 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Mine was Monday. The weekend with it's endless ministry and drawn out meeting was over. Monday was the day I got to be a normal kid; school, homework and collapse in front of the TV. Between Monday and Thursday night there was only a short meeting in somebody's house to endure but cake and biscuits made up for it. Thursdays I hated and Fridays were just a reminder that whilst everyone else had fun stuff planned, I was about to waste 3/4 of my weekend in "theocratic" pursuits.

How about you?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Tuesday - No meeting, no family study.

Wednesday - meeting

Thursday - family study

Friday - fs (evening and my mom had a bible study she would drag me on)

Saturday - fs

Sunday - meeting

Monday - meeting

Damn, my childhood was boring!

nj

• Nowman
    Nowman

Mickey Mouse, my sentiments exactly growing up JW. In fact, I loved school so I could lead a double life! But, got in trouble too many times because I went to school with other JW kids...school was like my freedom away from my parents.

Nikki

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, my father was not a jw when I was growing up. He took us out of town 3 out of 4 weekends to visit his non-jw friends. So no meetings. With the meetings on Friday nights, there were many weeks that Tuesday was the only meeting we went to. No wonder we were viewed with suspicion.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Hmmm, maybe that's why I loved school so much.

And, yes I got in trouble too leading a double life at school by no less than my sister.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays- No meetings, no Field Service. No contact with any JWs.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Mickey, I totally forgot about that. My favorite day was Monday too, it was always hard to explain to friends why that was. Ugh, we had Friday night meeting while I was I was in high school. I was always told what a protection that was from those evil football games. Funny when the CO came it always got switched to Sunday.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mickey Mouse....

Put me down for Monday too! Finally the Thursday through Friday JW horror show was over for the week. Tuesday...book study in our home...so much stress to eat and get the house in order. Little to no time for home work. Wednesday, study for Thursday night meeting. Thursday 2 hours of torture plus all the stress before we got there! (Dad an elder). We never got home before 11:00 pm.

Friday night, forget any fun...had to be prepared for Saturday a.m. service. and up early. Saturday night...better be ready for the GD watchtower inquisition and have an answer prepared for Sunday 9:00am worship, possible service time afterwards especially if some one with a title was visiting...you know CO, DO...or Bethel Boob giving a talk.

Sunday night I could get homework done but by then it was a joke. Come Monday.....it was shear relief to get on that school bus and ride away from my home life.

Here is a song from the the 60's that I use to sing on Monday's....What a life we had as JW kids!

Restrang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sN91ggtocc

• jws
    jws

Weekdays with no meeting were definately better than those with meetings. I think Fridays were the best weekday - except when we used to have meetings on Friday night because of the other congregation.

Although I hated field service and Sunday meetings, we rarely went out in Sunday field service and Saturday field service was usually over by lunch time. That gave me a lot more hours to play than on a school day. And occasionally my parents would skip field service on Saturday to go someplace like the zoo or museum or something else that took several hours to see. Not to mention Bugs Bunny cartoons before we had to leave for service on Saturdays.

So I vote Saturdays.

• Confucious
    Confucious

GREAT thread.

I would have to say Wednesdays.

Monday you have a book study.

Tues - also good.

Wed - PERFECT.

Thurs - Theo school - bust your a$$ to get read.

Fri - Love it. But so is the rest of the world. Only difference? You got to wake up for Field Service.

Sat - Field Service.

Sunday - Meeting.

So...

Do I win the debate?

Wednesdays!

LOL.

Confucious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit