hello

by claudia 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Hi Martini,

I know exactly how you feel, with a slightly different twist. I fell in love with a sister after knowing her for some years, and I knew she felt the same way. I wold one day tell her how I felt and that I wanted to marry her, spend the rest of my life with her.

She avoided the issue, her reasons were, she was afraid .... afraid because of the failed marriages of her own parents and some of the friends she grew up. I thought that was silly.

I decided to move on, no sense in torturing myself, I moved to New Jersey from New York City... at this point I decided that I would spend my time doing other things more in line with Witness activities, pioneer, etc. I decided if I was going to get married it will be later in life after I had fulfilled certain quest. It was then that I met a sister, who hated my guts, well one thing led to another, and we started seeing each other, and some three years later we got married, ten years later we're still together.

Shortly after I started seeing my wife, the sister in New York found out and called me up and pledged her undying love for me ... wow ... what to do ... the women I loved for so long, now wants me ... but being a person who doesn't like to play with emotions, I simply told her that I was now seeing someone and that I just can't dump her because you now decided to want me.

So it ended like that ... I often wonder what life would have ben like had I did marry her ... no doubt divorced since I left the Witnesses ... but who knows.

I later found out from a friend that she met a brother who was visiting from California, and after about three months they got married ... hope she's happy!

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• Martini
    Martini

RR,

I cannot speak for you Bro,but had that happen to me with MF,
    I would have been on the next plane,train,boat or skateboard headed staight for her! Then again I should hear your response to Claudia's next question to me.

Claudia you sure know how to ask good questions.

What can I say...I met a wonderful person, and with a lot of TLC things have gone well.

There are many details I'm leaving out of course but NO I have never AGAIN felt what I felt for that woman.

Martini,
    P.S. Anymore questions Claudia? hehehe

Edited by - Martini on 23 December 2000 13:39:24

• RR
    RR

Martini, I am one who believes you can only fall in love once, although you can love many times.

I gave my heart to someone twenty years ago, I have never loved like that before or since, and don't think I ever will. I love my wife dearly, but I was not in love with her when I met her.

I don't believe there is such a thing as "mister right" or "mrs right", but if two people love each other they can make it right.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• claudia
    claudia

Quote. RR wrote: Martini, I am one who believes you can only fall in love once, although you can love many times

RR can you explain that, do you mean someone cant fall in love more than once in her/his lifetime?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit