Today is the 25th anniversary of Marvin Gaye's death

by neverendingjourney 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

He was truly one of the most graceful and elegant entertainers of the past 50 years. Women melted when they heard him sing. Rest in peace, Marvin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KC7uhMY9s&feature=related

• Priest73
    Priest73

shit. I have that feeling. I need sexual healing.

Any Takers?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

His performance of the star-spangled banner at the 1983 NBA All-Star game was one of the most amazing peformance I've ever seen. It generated some controversy at the time because he didn't sing the anthem in it's traditional form, but he made it his own, and it was classy in that typical Marvin Gaye way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvVzaQ6i8A

• free2think
    free2think

RIP Marvin.

shit. I have that feeling. I need sexual healing
    Any Takers?

Always!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Beautiful man and voice. Echoes from youth. Time goes by so fast.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The Soul and the voice. Never to be repeated

• snowbird
    snowbird

I remember.

He started out singing in the Church, as so many do.

Very brilliant, troubled soul.

Sylvia

• ninja
    ninja

not PC enough....he's called "marvin homosexual" now.....soon to be called "marvin heterosexually challenged".....keep up slackers

• dinah
    dinah

I remember when this happened, oh Jeez I'm old as dirt. I had a bunch of his music but it disappeared a few years back, and I've haven't replaced all of it yet. Apprently, I lost Marvin and Otis in the divorce.

Padre, baby, you may just have to go study some more.......think I'm gonna go listen to Marvin.

• minimus
    minimus

I saw him in the 70s. He was 2 hrs. late in Providence, RI. HOWEVER, he was Marvin Gaye. He played less than an hour but we loved him. He was one of the best of all time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit