End of Preaching Work?

by joelingeorgia 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

My brother who has recently started attending meetings again sent me an audio clip of a guy

named Rayford saying that the governing body had announced that that Matthew 24:14 has

been fulfilled. He went on to say that there are only 3 countries with no witnesses, North Korea,

Somalia and Afghanistan. He stated that people in these countries would be judged according to

the "country standard", that is, that if these people were unfortunate enough to be born in

these countries, they would be judged accordingly.

This brings up the question. If the preaching word is over, is it over? I mean, no more witnessing

anywhere?

Clearly there are billions of people who have never heard of Jehovah's Witnesses, much less been exposed

in depth to their teachings to a point of being able to make a decision as to whether they accept or reject

the message. Indeed, even in the U.S., there are likely a small fewer percentage of people today, than

in the 1960s who have had connection with the witnesses, due to witnesses outdated ministering efforts.

Of course, the announcement was accompanied by the announcement that governments would soon

turn on false religion and that yes, you guessed it, the end is near.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome to the forum!

Please post the audio clip on a file sharing site, and post the link here. There are about 4,897,987 people who will be totally fascinated to hear it. Believe me. You are about to become one of the most famous ex-jws ever.

(In other news, remember how the wts said in their publications that the preaching work would conclude in the 20th century! I've never heard of them saying it IS over though. That is BIG NEWS.)

• betterdaze
  • undercover
    undercover

Typical smoke and mirrors...

Below is the talk line-up for the Saturday program at the convention this summer, so they're still pushing the ministry.

I'm sure some Bethel heavies give talks like this to spur action out of the attendees. Think about it...if a Bethel elder says something like this and you're a faithful JW, you're gonna feel some anxiety about the closeness of the end. But, as usual, they're talking out of their ass 'cause their head knows better...

Saturday - “Keep your senses, be watchful” 1 Pet 5:8

AM

Symposium: “Help People to Awake From Sleep”

Our Ministry – Why So Vital?”

Be Observant in the Ministry”

Focus on Improving Your Skills”

Don't Forget Your Relatives”

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They've been saying this for years. Rutherford said way back in 1919 that the preaching work was almost completed. It's just a way to get the rank and file excited and feeling a sense of urgency. And yet they still keep preaching like they did 20 years ago.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi joe,

Welcome!

Of course, that assumes that the JWs are doing the preaching work of the bible. Most here would say that they obviously aren't, myself included.

Matthew 24:14 (New International Version)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

What happens at the end? Jesus comes...

Matthew 24:30 (New International Version)

30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

Well JWs believe He has come already. Jesus had something to say about that.

Matthew 24:23-27 (New International Version)

23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Everyone will see Jesus return in the same way He left, physically, not invisibly.

Acts 1:9-11 (New International Version)

9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

Watch out for false Christs and false prophets!

There is only one real Jesus :)

All the best,

Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I heard the same rumor a couple of years ago. Every time, it turns out to be publishers (including hounders) that wish the end was right now, so they wouldn't have to go out in field circus. And, each time, when the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger gets wind of such rumor, they write letters to the hounder-hounders and print up Washtowel and Kingdumb Misery articles saying that there is still much work to be done.

The whole purpose of field circus is, not to reach the whole world, but to waste people's whole lives in a perennial "emergency". Were the "emergency" to ever end, the witlesses would then be able to return to pursuits of things like TV, video games, sports, and taking the weekend off that earlier washtowel articles have said "There is nothing wrong with such activities in of themselves, but our time is for the field misery".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit