Newly "annointed"...

by lurk3r 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• villabolo
    villabolo

Kosonen. That first experience sounds very much like the experiences of those who suffer from Temporal Lobe Psychosis. It's an interesting subject to research as it explains the physical, cerebral origins of hyper-religiosity. That is a clinical term and is not meant to be offensive.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Personally, I don't think the 144K have anything at all to do with the JW religion.

I have all ideas it will come out eventually that the 144K are actually all brotherhood organizations.

As far as the numbers being innacurate, Lurk3r, it has been said many times that WT is skewing numbers, or not announcing or not publishing them of late.

They can pretty much make up any story they want.

After all, they have people believing they have a "direct chanel to god" and some mysterious conjured up slave deity (FDS) that gives orders for the r&f.

Compared to those tales, a numbers game is nothing.

BTW...did you know there are stories that Solomon also had a slave deity? It is said that he had the power over these demons and made them work for him. Maybe WT is using the same grimoire.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

There is no need to speculate on the matter or resort to mysticism and supernaturalism. Galatians 3 and Romans 8 tell us how we know if we are 'anointed' or not. There it states that if you cry "Abba, Father!" you are a son of God. It is not only the "anointed remnant" of the 144,000 who do that. Any Christian who has had witness borne to him that God is his Father and who prays to God as a real heavenly Father has received of the holy spirit. It has nothing to do with any supernatural experience or believing that you are going to heaven or anything like that. It is about a relationship with God, a father and child relationship.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

There is no need to speculate on the matter or resort to mysticism and supernaturalism. Galatians 3 and Romans 8 tell us how we know if we are 'anointed' or not. There it states that if you cry "Abba, Father!" you are a son of God. It is not only the "anointed remnant" of the 144,000 who do that. Any Christianwho has had witness borne to him that God is his Father and who prays to God as a real heavenly Father has received of the holy spirit. It has nothing to do with any supernatural experience or believing that you are going to heaven or anything like that. It is about a relationship with God, a father and child relationship.

How do the highlighted parts of your post differ from "mysticism" and "supernaturalism"?

Side question (probably an unintended ambiguity): (how) does "the 'anointed remnant' of the 144,000" differ from "any Christian"?

Now I must add that in my understanding, "mysticism" doesn't imply "supranaturalism" at all. Religious or spiritual "experiences" are perfectly susceptible of materialistic explanations (social, psychological, neurological and so on) but they will still be subjectively real to the persons involved, no matter what cognitive paradigm (religious, materialistic, psychological or philosophical) they may use to rationalise them after the fact.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes you could say that Narkissos. The point I should have made clearer is that it is the sincere act of praying/crying to God as your "Father" that is the scriptural criteria for being a son of God. It is not merely some mysterious, quasi-supernatural inner feeling, as JW's seem to think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit