MIL shunning me.....

by AK - Jeff 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

After only 35 years as her SIL.

She called today asking after Mrs AK Jeff. Saw it was her on the caller ID.

Me: Hello

MIL: Silence

Me: Hello

MIL: I am looking for Mrs AK Jeff [spoken as if she had no idea who the man who answered the phone could be]

Me: Oh, hi Mom. She just left. Can I tell her to call you back or is it something urgent?

MIL: No. Not important. click

That was honestly the entire conversation. No greeting. No small talk. No concluding salutation.

This woman is 84 years old. I have known her since I was 15. I have been her faithful SIL, treating her daughter with love and kindness for almost 35 years

Unbelievable. . I have never said a single angry or bitter word to her in all that time. I have never criticized her religion, nor her choice to stay within that religion [at least not in her hearing].

A few weeks ago I attended a funeral in which I was sure she was shunning me. Later, my wife stated that she did not believe that her mother recognized me. Now I know that was not the case.

Wow! I am stunned by how this publishing company can influence an old lady to this extent.

Jeff

• oompa
    oompa

Don't you mean BIL?.....who wears the pants in your family?.........she does not sound like much fun anyway........oompa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

BIL?

• undercover
    undercover

SIL as in Son-in-law....

Methinks oompa is thinkg sis-in-law/bro-in-law which is usually what I think of when I see SIL or BIL

• oompa
    oompa

lol...ya undercover.....he has been a faithful BIL not a SIL!........Jeff has 14 minutes to edit.......oompa

• carla
    carla

wow. I'm sorry Jeff, just amazing after all these years. What did your wife say after you told her about the call?

• undercover
    undercover

oompa....you got about the same time to edit...Jeff is the son-in-law, thus the SIL

Sorry to hear Jeff...my MIL doesn't out and out shun me, but it is a strained relationship.

• garybuss
    garybuss

AK - Jeff, That's not shunning. Shunning is "staying away from". That's snubbing . . . just plain rude.

HA! When I answer they just hang up. Gary to self: "Gee, we sure get a lot of wrong numbers when I answer!". That kind of toned down when we got caller ID. Now Mrs. Gary has private cell phone, so the water walkers can call her without risking hearing my voice. Hahahaha!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Don't you know her cold attitude is going to win you back without a word? ;)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    lol...ya undercover.....he has been a faithful BIL not a SIL!........Jeff has 14 minutes to edit.......oompa

Try again! He's the son in law (SIL); she's the mother in law (MIL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit