Please help me with an educated response to this JW email .....

by troubled mind 22 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

> Sujet: Fait Committée de Liaison Hospitalier:
    >

Translation -- March 22, 2009 -- Garry Melchert

We would like to share with you an experience related by brother Baudril, from the Hospital Liason Committee, during a recent circuit assembly in Marseille.

Margo, a premature baby, born at 30 weeks gestation, weighing only 1.2 kg (2.65 lbs) with a very low blood count, the doctors feel it important to administer a blood transfusion. The parents, Jehovah's Witnesses, contact the H.L.C.. A process is started, faxes are sent, and the brothers propose to the doctors if they would accept to administer erythroproeteine (EPO, synthetic hormones which stimulate the production of red blood cells) for three days. The doctors accept, and the Bethel supplied the product. After 3 days the blood count stabilises. The brothers propose a fourth day of EPO and the count rises. So the treatment is approved and continued. Margo, who was nicknamed, ''Little fighter'' was saved. This was a first in France. So the doctors decide to try this treatment on other premature babies, and they obtain the same results. This treatment is then established for all premature babies in the Pediatric Service dep't in the hospital of Purpan, in Toulouse.

The media would not, of course, dispense this information. But as the brother said in his talk, we don't need media publicity, we prefer to give a personal witness to touch the hearts of people. That's what was done in this case, especially to the medical personnel who witnessed personally the procedure and the devotion of the H.L.C., and did not hesitate to say: " And we say that Jehovah's witnesses don't give medical treatment to their children'', as well as the parents of other premature babies that have benefited and had their lives saved because of the treatment proposed by the HLC, who made themselves available to discuss with the brothers and give further explanations and details.

Don't you think that a very great witness to Jehovah has been given on this occasion?

Please do not hesitate to relate this beautiful experience to all the brothers and sisters in your vicinity. This is a situation that can serve us well in the preaching work to refute those who contradict about blood transfusions

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

thanks I have to run to work right now I will check back later . My JW in laws sent it to me . Love the paranoia about how the media would never say any thing positive about the witnesses ......

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Bethel supplied the EPO? I don't think so... somebody embellished that story before sending it on.

• besty
    besty

linked from jw-media.org is this gem about a man needing a liver transplant but didn't want blood

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20000108/article_01.htm

begs the question: for what purpose would this same man have died following the WTS beliefs on organ transplants during the period they were viewed as cannabilistic and therefore banned?

Becasue the transplant policy was wrong it was changed. Was God wrong and changed his mind? Was it the Bible? Or was it the WTS that caused the deaths of unknown numbers of JW's needing banned procedures? If they were wrong then could they be wrong again?

I might simply respond that it is no big deal - the WTS permits its followers to have way over 90% of blood in any case.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i think an educated response
    would be one asking for verification
    of the story from a hospital source....

otherwise, it reads as pure fiction
    from any perspective but a dr0ne's

• sinis
    sinis

Jesus Fucking Christ!!! What bullshit propaganda. Do you really think that the doctors were too fucking stupid to ever consider EPO in the treatment of low blood count patients??? The funniest thing was that the window washer, non educated brothers, provided this advice to highly trained medical professionals.... Yea right...

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Why not forward the e-mail to SNOPES?

Blithe

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Agree with Sinis

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Good idea Blithe , They have sent me emails before that I proved were false by checking snopes . I told them I know they wouldn't approve sending on false information and suggested they check that site for themselves .

What I was hoping for was someone that might have any real facts about this case . I am going to spend some time looking up information and googling . I'd appreciate any new information about EPO . I know from experience the witnesses fail to make you aware of the side effects of EPO such as greater increase of stroke in older patients that use it . Also isn't it true that it takes over 7 days for the effects of EPO to show up because what it actually does is stimulate bone marrow to produce more red blood cells .

• sinis
    sinis

EPO does take time. You simply cannot go from weak to viable in a matter of hours (or even within a day or two) - thats why transfusions are given in that the RBC's can start to transport oxygen and also provide volume. Why waste your time with JW bullshit? In the end you will not win, and I seriously doubt the sender will read what you have, or change their mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit