Want to Introduce myself....Hi everyone.

by ilovelamp120 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ilovelamp120
    ilovelamp120

Hi all, I've been reading here for awhile and made a few posts before realizing I should probably introduce myself.

It's so refreshing to read ppl's thoughts on these topics, which run deeply personal, and I've never been able to express myself freely, so thanks for such a great forum.

I was born and raised a Dub, by my "spiritually single" mother (Dad was an unbeliever..still is) me and my 3 other siblings all fell away before getting baptised, other than my older sis, who was Df'd at 16. Unfortunatley in my early 20's a sister "took an interest in me and we had a bible study for 2 years before getting baptized at 24. (what a regret) Since then I floundered, flopped, got Df'd a year later for dum, dum, dum..."fornication and then reinstated 9 months later.

I'm now 30 and have been "luke warm" since my re-entry into the cult. Brothers and sisters just shake their heads and label me a "lost sheep", or "spiritually weak", or even more recently "wolf in sheeps clothing". (hypocrates), only coz I dont warm a seat at the kingdom Hall twice a week. Needless to say I have lived with the guilt for 30 years. That is until a good friend and my sister knocked some sense into my head. For the first time in my life I dont have that incessant rain cloud of GUILT hovering over my head, and feel soooooooo liberated...and a bit lost, which is why I really appreciate this forum.

I do however find it VERY difficult now spending time with my FANATIC over zealouse mother. I want to scream and shake her, but I know she would/will never see the "truth" for what it really is, and thats so sad. Even I fought it with my sister for almost a year, caling her an apostate, and making accusations towards my friend. We are very deeply indoctrinated. I feel so sorry for witnesses now, but who's really to blame???

There really is no one...The Borg has gotten so big, that everyone is such a part of the problem, and that is so frustrating to me. Does anyone think that eventually the house of cards will collapse? Or will it just keep growing and growing.

Angry....Thanks all, I look fwd to being a part of this recovery community, and listening to all your insightful posts

Ilovelamp120

• alanv
    alanv

Hi ilovelamp120 (great name) Welcome to the board. There are many here that will be ablle to identify with your story. It sounds like you have had a pretty hard time. Like you there are many who are realizing that the society does not have the truth and for that reason there is little or no increase in the internat savvy countries. Personally I think there will always be a market for what they have to sell but also there will be many who come to their senses and get out of it.

• mother-ice
    mother-ice

Proverbs 10: 9

He that is walking in integrity will walk in security, but he that is making his ways crooked will make himself known.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Proverbs 10: 9
    He that is walking in integrity will walk in security, but he that is making his ways crooked will make himself known

1 Priest 1:1 : STFU

• dinah
    dinah

Jeez, how many posts does mother have to spam us with scriptures today?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The society has proven it has NO integrity and has shown us it's crooked ways ! AKA blood transfusions -blood fractions , NGO affiliation with the UN . child abuse cover- ups ...ect ..ect ..

Thank you mother for the kindly reminder

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

WELCOME ilovelamp120 !

It is wonderful to have a safe place to finally say all the things you have had built up inside all these years isn't . I know for me it was a relief to find out I was not the only one that had the feelings and thoughts about my witness experience and upbringing . Before this forum I harbored such heavy guilt and not for really doing anything sinful , but for just not living up to the expectations old men in NY said I had to live up to in order to be loved by my heavenly Father .

Doesn't it feel wonderful to unburden that heavy load , it feels like a huge weight has been lifted doesn't it ?

• ilovelamp120
    ilovelamp120

I have nothing to hide. And hold my head up high with intergrity. Feel free to PM me mother!!! And we can take this outside!!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Hey there, ilovelamp120! Welcome aboard from one newbie to another. Best thing to do is to read... read...and read some more...COC by R. Franz is a great place to start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit