Am I a Rebel Without a Cause?

by wobble 5 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I suppose the first answer I will get is,"Well something must have caused you",but my point is that being born in to the JW's,all my life,or rather the 58 years I was in,as soon as someone told me what to do I thought "why should I?"

I now find that,apart from rejecting nearly all JW views,I am saying to myself "Should I?" to things that people want me to do.

Do you find yourself much more positive since leaving? I find the freedom invigourating,I can do as I damn well like,as long as my conscience is happy,and that is so different from when I was in and had to think of the other Dub.s reactions.I think this has caused me to be a better,more tolerant person,but I miss having something to rebel against!

Love

Wobble

• Newborn
    Newborn

Oh dear Wobble!

I LOVE MY FREEDOM!!! I'M SO GRATEFUL TO BE FREE AND IM ENJOYING EVERY MOMENT OF IT!!!

I also feel I'm a much better person now

Love Newborn

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

wobble - first up I love the nick (I think I've said that before) and I love Winnie the Pooh! He is my favorite bear.

YES!!! I reject ALL Jw beliefs - and I am so free that I don't feel obligated to do anything unless I want too (even when it comes to family) I am so very positive, I feel empowered. I know I can withstand anything from rejection to people lying about me - it's like nothing can shake me.

Plus after all those years of serving and sacrifice it's time you put yourself first!

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

Do you find yourself much more positive since leaving? I find the freedom invigourating,I can do as I damn well like,as long as my conscience is happy,and that is so different from when I was in and had to think of the other Dub.s reactions.

You made a point that most JW's don't even realize. Their more concerned with being caught by other witnesses than being observed by Jehovah. Truly sad.

I love my freedom to say the least.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

We are all rebels and rebellion has its cause. I tried it for long enough and found it wholly unsatisfying.

Now my cause is to rebel against the Rebel. That is a cause worth fighting for IMHO.

All the best,

Stephen

• rebel8
    rebel8

There is plenty to rebel about, plenty wrong with the world. Granted, you don't live in the US, so there are less problems to work on.

I channel my desire to quench injustice into advocacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit