Paradise...You Know You Still Want It

by cameo-d 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

We went here to tell the Natives that they were soon to be in Paradise.

What a waste of time that was. The Mormons made more converts than we did and their Paradise was even stranger than ours!

"By clever and persevering use of propaganda even heaven can be represented as hell to the people, and conversely the most wretched life as paradise." —ADOLF HITLER, MEIN KAMPF.
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20000622/article_02.htm
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have my african paradise thanks - and it's got flesh eating lions. Tree felling elephants.

Do I want paradise as dictated by religions : NO.

Do I want a peaceful / free / enjoyable life : yes - that my friend, is my paradise.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

A long time back, my dad called and said, "Don't you want to live forever in paradise?" I said, "No, I really don't" He yelled into the phone, "Stop lying, you know you do!"

lisa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I no longer call the "new world" a paradise. I call it the New Dark Ages, because everything you do will be what someone else tells you to. Science will be outlawed. People will be appalled to think they actually believed that the earth was a sphere--primitive people, some of whom actually have been around the world. I wonder how much more science will be thrown out in the New Dark Ages.

• steve2
    steve2

The witnesses' view of paradise - like most religionists - is astonishinigly superficial, consisting of a sanistised, de-natured earth. They forget that lurking nearby the one-dimensional pictures of playful lambs and wolves lies a never-sleeping, ravaging, life-eating, fantastically cruel and barbaric underworld called Mother Nature. Give me civilization anyday.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Jesus absolutely wants his followers to have the best life possible now. The Holy Spirit he sent from the Father produces the fruitages of joy and peace, both of which help us cope with virtually anything.

Jesus also spoke about the Kingdom of Heaven, something we should be looking forward to.

However, I agree; a full, great life is possible now which will be a mere glimmer of a flicker of a shadow of what we'll experience in Heaven.

• besty
    besty

I have no desire to live forever in this life or the next <which almost certainly doesn't exist>

The enjoyment of my family and leaving this world slightly better than I found it is the end of my purpose.

Acceptance of being just_another_large_mammal is very satisfying.

My paradise is right here....

• chickpea
    chickpea

lol @ lisa's dad! stop lying!!

this morning, walking the hounds,
    i was thinking, as i looked over the
    still frozen lake, blindingly lit by
    a rising spring sun, that the b0rg concept
    of paradise and eternal life isnt that
    much more weird than the egyptian
    model, with their skilled preservations
    of the dead, prepared for an afterlife....
    and if you are pharoh, they fixed up all
    your servants to make the trip with ya!!

the thought of living forever (for EVER)
    as a drone in the b0rg collective
    is enough to make me wanna blow
    20 years of sobriety! scary!

• IntheKnow
    IntheKnow

Yeah, I STILL believe it! It's in Genesis and so I believe it--that and the fact that I've NEVER wanted to go to heaven--except on a round-trip tour. Someone else on the forum posted that they didn't believe in the spirit world and so no-longer believed that the Bible was inspired.

I don't attend the meetings anymore (yeah I left) but I KNOW for a FACT that fallen angels exist--I was a spirit-medium before I joined the JWs. And I STILL believe in a paradise on earth to come....

• steve2
    steve2

but I KNOW for a FACT that fallen angels exist--I was a spirit-medium before I joined the JWs.

Here it is in a nutshell: The catch cry of true believers the world over: "I know it for a fact - therefore it's true". Who can argue with this level of reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit