The New World Translation Dirty Dozen...lurkers will love it!........

by oompa 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

OK...now this is the last part of Appendix 1D in the Reference Bible...so if you want to check out Rev. 22: 18,19 it says we can not change a single thing...not a WORD about this scroll...and moses was told the same thing about the law if you check the cross reference...so why is it they change Ky (not the lube...plus astroglide is way better) Ky´ri·os, which is LORD....to YHWH!....JEHOVAH!!!....so if you see the J thingys and numbers....that is all the crappy dark ages bibles that also changed the bible to suit them.....so since they changed the bible...it makes us legit to do it too?!?!?!........that is just pathetic stoopid!!!!

Rbi8p.15661DTheDivineNameintheChristianGreekScriptures

REVELATION

1:8 Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22-24

4:8 Ky; J 7,8,11-14,16-18,22,24

4:11 *Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16,18

11:17 Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22,23

15:3 Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22,23

15:4 Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22,23

16:7 Ky; J 13,14,16-18,22,23

18:8+ Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22-24

19:6 Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22-24

21:22 *Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22,23

22:5 Ky; J 7,8,11-14,16-18,22-24

22:6 *Ky; J 7,8,13,14,16-18,22,24

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What is particularly noticeable is that the "J references" in the 1984 Reference Edition occur in the critical apparatus, alongside references to actual MSS in the textual footnotes — as if they are comparable textual witnesses on the presence or absence of kurios in the text.

That just looks bad. It makes the NWT look amateurish, which I think is the opposite intended effect.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi oompa,

Yes the appendix at the back of the NWT Reference bible is quite incriminating if you start to look at the greek scripture.

Start here with the entries for kurios

Lord

Happy reading :)

All the best,

Stephen

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

It still looks "scholarly" to the vast majority of NWT users who will never try to understand what those references actually stand for...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Best to quote these scriptures to them :)

Proverbs 19:2 (New International Version)

2 It is not good to have zeal without knowledge,
    nor to be hasty and miss the way.

Romans 10:2-4 (New International Version)

2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. 3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. 4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

JWs miss the way mentioned in the first verse. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

JWs seek to establish their own righteousness i.e. their good "works", knocking on people's doors and such. My righteousness is Jesus.

All the best,

Stephen

• oompa
    oompa

Good point Leo...those stoopid j1-24 or whatever # make no sense whatsoever....it is like "yes we changed the bible and created spurious verses in the bible...but hey were were not the FIRST to do it!"................oompa

I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY DUBS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF NOR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE J BIBLES!!!!!

has there ever been a wt article or esp a study article about the j bibles and why they are sited in footnotes??

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Hi, guys: Can you explain what's going on with the "j"?

Oompa, in another post a while back, you've referred to a letter you got from the society regarding the use of "Jehovah" in the Greek scrips. What was that about? I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I get the feeling I'm missing something (which wouldn't be the first time)...

This is the last post I'm allowed until several hours go by ... and I'm using it on YOU, Oompa (but you're so worth it...!)

• oompa
    oompa

Cadellin....so i take it you do know about the j-numbering of bibles thingy?.....just read in the forward or into part of the reference bible and it will explain why they use them, and also the appendix-1d explains it a bit.

the bottom line is WT did not want to look like they made up this idea of changing the bible and adding the name jehovah first....so they found nutty old bible that did it some too.....these bibles are all written in more modern Hebew and kinda made for Jews to read. now i have read some where that these bible were intended to convert jews to christianity, and so duh....the felt like if the hebrew scripture god jehovah was in the christian part of the bible it would make conversion easier

but STILL THAT IS NOT A VALID REASON TO FRIKKIN CHANGE THE BIBLE!!!

but in the places WT ADDED the name jehovah....they list by number which old J-bible used it in the same verse....the number of the j is identified by name in the intro of the Reference....like j-22 is "rabbi wankers edition....1822"...as just an illustration.......i never teach without them........oompa

i have shown 11 elders that we have added the name jehovah in dozens of places where it is not a quote from the hebrew and not a single one knew it......at that time most had never heard of or noticed the j-bible thingy!!!!!...lazy morons

• bob1999
    bob1999

"lazy morons"

You can say that again.

peace

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Cadellin....Here is a quick statement about them:

*** si p. 319 Study Number 6—The Christian Greek Text of the Holy Scriptures ***

From at least the 14th century onward, translations of the Greek Scriptures into the Hebrew language have been produced. These are of interest in that a number of them have made restorations of the divine name into the Christian Scriptures. The New World Translation makes many references to these Hebrew versions under the symbol “J” with a superior number.

Notice the presumption implicit in the word "restorations" that these medieval Hebrew translations put the name back into the text where it once belonged. No textual evidence indicates that the name was once present in copies of the NT, and these "J versions" cannot be cited as witnesses of a more original text if what they are doing is restoring the name (an innovation in transmission, not a retention of what was already there) to a text that did not contain it. And yet these J references occur in footnotes as if they are somehow give textual support to the "Jehovah" rendering in the NWT. Notice the circularity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit