It Seems More Witnesses are Exiting Since 1995 - From Your Responses

by flipper 22 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

FARKEL- " It seems " you have a very good point ! LOL! ( Just teasing ) More witnesses ARE exiting since 1995. There, that's better. More definitive. LOL! You are correct it is a hangover from being in the cult 44 years ! Thanks for the reminder !

SOUTHCENTRAL- Good point you make. Many JW's are seeing they will die in this " system " as they refer to the current world- so they are leaving the cult or living double lives. Very true.

HOMEROVAH- I agree that witnesses are more able to access the internet where they attain exposing information about the WT society so it enables more to make informed decisions on exiting . I just hope more keep on exiting

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi again,

I think age an important factor too. The older JWs who have had a lifetime of it are less likely to leave, even though they have seen more hypocrisy and heard more false prophecy than the rest. That is just the way life is, the older you get the harder it is to change, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".

The new generation(s) are more technological savvy and probably more rebellious so that is a good combination for unearthing much of the damming history of the WT via the internet.

Whatever happens, let's hope increasingly more leave and increasingly less sign up!

All the best,

Stephen

• flipper
    flipper

CHALAM- I totally agree with you. Older people ( like my witness parents in their 80's ) are less likely to leave as they are nearing the end of their lives anyway and have been stuck in the same mold since the 1950's. Very true that the up and coming new generation are more technologically savvy and will use every means available to expose the WT society for the creeps that they are. I hope more keep exiting as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit