May 2009 KM

by dozy 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• John Doe
    John Doe

Did it bug anyone else that they used the British version of inquire?

• possible-san
    possible-san

dozy,
    MissingLink,

Thank you always.
    I got it.

possible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I checked the peak publishers in Britain for 2007:Just over 131,000 (don't have them on hand for last year).

The peak usually occurs in August. March/April are also a good months because of the memorial and auxiliary pioneer push. January is usually a below average month. I can't find the KM for 2008 but the figure for January 2007 was 124,700. If the strong performance this January is replicated through the year Witnesses in Britain would increase by 3% or better in 2009.

• yknot
    yknot

....both Dozy and MissingLink

I think page 3 spells out a WTS problem...... literature is not as effective as before in gaining converts. Litertrash costs money, money the WTS doesn't appear to want to spend anymore then needed.

It is a good time for the elite of the WTS to start diverting the money elsewhere and implementing an exit stategy.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Those 4 examples remind me of a sister in the cong who was "special". Her presentations in service were fairly similar to these

• ziddina
    ziddina

Geez, I just LUV these posts where you have to JOIN yet another crappy site to have access to the information...

Don't WANNA download it, dammit, that's asking for viruses...

Does someone feel like just 'copy and paste' this stuff so those of us who already have too many passwords to remember can see it without joining yet ANOTHER site - I HATED having to join "Facebook", "Photobucket" and so on just to post my pix and see others' pixes...

Thanks in advance...

Zid

EDIT HaH! Watson! You read my mind! I was just coming back in here to add: Whine, whine whine.....

• watson
  • middleman
    middleman

I don't think Ziddina understands that you don't have to sign up to download from the link. If you're not sure of your antivirus program then either get off the net, get a better program, or buy a Mac. Just surfing the web you're at risk anyways. What program do you use?

• ziddina
    ziddina

[EDITED to get rid of all the whining] Hmmm. "Misplaced Loyalty and Its Dangers" - that sounds like another scold session... "Can You Auxiliary Pioneer During the Summer?" You've gotta be kidding. If I were a teen I'd be working too hard on earning enough to get a car and pay for the insurance, plus a teen should be studying for college... Oh, that's right. Jehovah won't bless me if I'm earning more than minimum wage...

I see the points about dumbing things down - who would that make their new 'target' audience?? Oh, silly me! People without college educations, at the very least!

Oooo, I see a land mine here...: "What about older magazines? These do not lose their value with the passage of time..." Hee, hee! Pull out those old magazines with all the wacky teachings, boys, the WTBTS says they are still valuable - especially at showing up the WTBTS' false prophecies!!

Hmm hmm hmmm. Previews of the - or are those sales pitches? for the May and June Watchtowers and Awakes - can't wait to read what the KM has to say about the July Awake...

Thank you VERY MUCH for the links! Now that I'm not so 'chicken' to check them out...

Zid

• Borgia
    Borgia

I really love this one:

Quote:

When leaving a publication with

interested ones,if they enquire about the cost,

do not hesitate to inform them of the privilege

they have to support the worldwide work with

their donation.

6 Jesus miraculously provided physical food

for others, but more often he fed people spiritually.

Jesus said: "Man must live, not on bread

alone, but on every utterance coming forth

through Jehovah's mouth." (Matt. 4:4) Our

publications teach Bible truths vital for gaining

everlasting life. (John 17:3) They are far too

valuable to waste!

Unquote and emphasis mine........So their all powerfull Jesus cannot miraculously provide the needed ink and paper to provide free of charge. Instead they depend on the privilege to donate........privilege my A%%

O and what a coincidence........they claim to be Gods mouthpiece........

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit