So...Did Judas Leave Before the Lord's Evening Meal?

by undercover 26 Replies latest jw friends

• pixel
    pixel

It's amazing that something so important the scriptures are so confused and leave people guessing. And then people say that the all-powerful was the author of the Bible. Couldn't the Bible be crystal-clear?

I mean, if a book author will publish a book with so many guessing escenarios, I don't think he will even make it to the New York Times Bestselling list...

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I couldn't agree with you more. It's like we're sabotaged right from the get-go.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm still tryin' ta think of a way to get out of going this year.........

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mary- NO! That's what I say. I have been 'clean' 7 years now. :)

• undercover
    undercover

Luke himself was not present at that event. His account is hearsay only. He totally could have been wrong on the order of events.

Well, then if he got his facts wrong, or mis-heard the story, or rememebered it wrong later, and then recorded it wrong, that brings into question of just how inspired the Bible is... If you can just claim, 'oh, they made mistake, this is what really happened, because I have special communication with God" ( you know, like the GB), then it's all BS

• pixel
    pixel

Undercover, same thing I was thinking.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I've thought this for years. Remember, when Paul wrote to Timothy that "All Scripture is inspired of God", Paul could only have been referring to what we know as the Old Testament. The New Testament writings were a work in progress at that time and were not at all considered Scripture. In fact, Luke's Gospel was a letter to Theophilus (Luke 1:3) and according to the "All Scripture" book, it was completed in 56 - 58 C.E. Paul's second letter to Timothy was completed in 65 C.E., just 7-9 years later.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that it was unclear to me if Luke quoted Paul or vice-versa. Well, now it seems clearer. Luke appears to have used Paul as a source. Paul completed the first letter to the Corinthians in 55 C.E., so the Gospel Luke was completed after that. Paul, who also was not an eyewitness of the Lord's evening meal, wrote what he wrote first, before Luke. Luke's words are very similar to Paul's words. (Compare 1 Cor 11:23 - 25 to Luke 22:19, 20)

It was only until the Bible canon was decided on that finally combined writings of the OT and NT to make up what we today consider Scripture. Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit