"And how old is the Proclaimers book?"

by passwordprotected 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I had a frank discussion with my parents yesterday that ended up in the cul-de-sac of "how did the Organisation start?" I told them that all they need to know about the origins of the Org are in the Proclaimers book, of how Chuck started his own religion, or how he got his ideas from the Adventists and a lovely fellow called Barbour and how Chuck preached that Christ had returned in 1874 and that the last days had started in 1799.

My parents were unwilling to accept this, so I said, "read your Proclaimers book! It's all in there!"

Y'know what my mum's answer to that was?

She turned to my dad and said in a slightly sarcastic tone, "hmmm, and how old is the Proclaimers book?"

It took me a moment to understand what she was driving at. I said, "oh, you've got to be kidding me! How old is the Proclaimers book?!"

My dad replied that he thought it dated back to the 80s, to which my mum replied, "Well, see, that's an old book, so..."

I said, "so what? Because it was written back in the 80s the stuff that happened back in the 1880s didn't actually happen that way?!"

Basically she's inferring that the Proclaimers book is old light rather than being the official history book of the Watch Tower Society. In other words it's more acceptable for my mother to completely dismiss the Proclaimers book than accept what's written in it about the origins of the Organisation she obeys.

Do we even have a word to describe that mindset?

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks for posting Password,it is more than possible that others of us will come up against this,incredible though it is that they cannot see that they accepted it as Spirit Directed when it was published (My copy is 1993 so not that long ago)

But isn't the Socs. stance that if they havn't written anything new on a subject then a publication.or statement is still current?

What I have been faced with is that they cannot see the relevance of early history or beliefs,they just cannot take on board how ridiculous it is to believe that all the changes come from God.

Love

Wobble

• yknot
    yknot

Good Grief!

There is no way I would let that one go unchallenged....

I suggest you get the book out a point out it isn't a biblical teaching or 'light' based publication along with it's 1993 publishing date!

Also point out the WTS doesn't consider it 'old light' either!

The Proclaimers book is still very much the official history book of the WTS!!!

• blondie
    blondie

1993 (don't they have a copy in their library to verify that date?) and it replaced the WTS history in the 1975 yearbook and the 1959 Divine Purpose book. The proclaimers book is still current information. If it wasn't the WTS would have replaced it with a new book, that is their pattern. Try and find any new information on these topics in any newer WTS publication.

When the Proclaimers book came out a section was discussed during the instruction talk each week in the school. Otherwise most jws would never have read it. Even those who might have "read" it, might have missed the footnotes and divided up in 3 places information.

*** km 10/94 p. 3 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 1995 ***ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 15 minutes. This talk should be handled by an elder or a ministerial servant, and it will be based on Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’sKingdom or "AllScriptureIsInspiredofGodandBeneficial." When based on the Proclaimers book, this assignment should be delivered as a 15-minute instruction talk with no oral review; when based on the "AllScripture" book, it should be delivered as a 10- to 12-minute instruction talk with a 3- to 5-minute oral review following, using the printed questions in the publication. The objective should be not just to cover the material but to focus attention on the practicalvalue of the information being discussed, highlighting what will be most helpful to the congregation. The theme shown should be used. Illustrations, photographs, and charts found in the Proclaimers book may be commented on by the speaker and used as teaching aids. All are encouraged to make careful advance preparation so as to benefit fully from this material.

SCHEDULE

*td

"BibleTopicsforDiscussion"asfoundinthe NewWorld

Translation2Biblereading:Psalm

119:113-176

Song No. 160

No.

1: Integrity-Keeping Witnesses to Jehovah’s Rightful Sovereignty (jv p. 10-p. 13 par. 2)

No.

2: Psalm 119:161-176

No.

3: Why Jesus Was Called "The Man" (gt chap. 123)

No.

4: Identifying the Great Crowd (uw pp. 103-4 pars. 1-4)

Jan.

9Biblereading:Psalms120to

Song No. 163

No.

1: Early Witnesses Who Proved Loyal to Jehovah (jv p. 13 par. 3–p. 18)

So they are saying that the Proclaimers book is obsolete.............? Very interesting. Was referenced here in a 2007 WT as valid information.

*** w07 3/1 Let Us Exalt Jehovah’s Name Together ***

[Footnote]See Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’sKingdom, page 550; 2005YearbookofJehovah’sWitnesses, pages 53-4; TheWatchtower, March 1, 2000, pages 5-6; January 1, 1991, page 27; and February 15, 1991, page 26.

Here is something that slipped past me in 1974.

*** w74 8/15 p. 507 No Spiritual "Energy Crisis" for Discreet Ones ***From that understanding, it was thought that the "chaste virgin" class began going forth to meet the Bridegroom in 1874. (2 Cor. 11:2) Hence, when C. T. Russell began publishing a new religious magazine in July 1879, it was called "Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence." It was heralding Christ’s presence as having begun in 1874. This invisible presence was expected to continue until the Gentile Times ended in 1914, when the Gentile nations would be destroyed and the remnant of the "chaste virgin" class would be glorified with their Bridegroom in heaven by death and resurrection to live in the spirit. (1 Cor. 15:42-44) Thus would the "discreet virgin" class enter through the door into the wedding.

What study projects would give you the joy of new insight? Such projects as an in-depth analysis of the various covenants that God has entered into for mankind’s benefit are enlightening. You could strengthen your faith by making a study of the prophecies pointing to Jesus Christ or a verse-by-verse consideration of one of the prophetic books of the Bible. Faith-strengthening too is a review of the modern-day history of Jehovah’s Witnesses, using the book Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’s

Kingdom,

• blondie
    blondie

What study projects would give you the joy of new insight? Such projects as an in-depth analysis of the various covenants that God has entered into for mankind’s benefit are enlightening. You could strengthen your faith by making a study of the prophecies pointing to Jesus Christ or a verse-by-verse consideration of one of the prophetic books of the Bible. Faith-strengthening too is a review of the modern-day history of Jehovah’s Witnesses, using the book Jehovah’sWitnesses—ProclaimersofGod’s Kingdom,

This was also from a 2007 WT

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Remind her that every Gilead class goes through that book entirely. It's our history class. They call it "Theocratic Organization".

• j_homebrew
    j_homebrew

Wow it's frustrating isn't it. The sad thing is that if it was published yesterday that it wouldn't matter a lick. Which reminds me I would like to call me mother to see how she responded to my letter about Watchtower misquotes. I think in my own mothers case she will prefer to 'not to have had time to look at it'. There really is no limit to what a person under mind control is capable of imagining.

• j_homebrew
    j_homebrew

Sorry for the double post. Still trying to learn this interface.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Like you said , even if it had been written in the 1980s, so what? I would think that a history book that was written closer to the point in time discussed would be more accurate--not less accurate!

It's also interesting that your parents seem to consider WT literature from the 1980s as "old light." You know, the '80s weren't that long ago. I guess Watchtower literature should be sold in the dairy section of the grocery store...it doesn't take long for it to "go bad."

Also, aren't you DF'd/DA'd? Interesting that your JW parents are (1) speaking to you; and (2) speaking about spiritual things to you. I guess they're not toeing the line on shunning. That's a good thing.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

This is the email I want to send to my parents;

Hi,

Just a wee note on the Proclaimers book that might be worth mentioning to mum. The Proclaimers book was published in 1993 and it remains the only authoritative history book of the Watch Tower Society. In other words, the history of the Society as contained in the Proclaimers book is the official version of Society history. The Society values this book to the extent that every Gilead School studies the entire book in their history class, the lessons are called "Theocratic Organisation". To reject what's in the Proclaimers book just because you don't like what it says, is quite surprising. Pages 631-633 of the Proclaimers book are interesting as they candidly document the false predictions of the Society and the impact such had on the lives of thousands. Page 40 onwards talks about the very early history of the Society; how Russell independently studied the Bible and started his own study group which eventually grew into a religion. It also explains how Russell falsely preached such dates as 1799 (start of the last days), 1874 (Christ's return to heavenly power), 1878 (the date they believed they'd all be going to heaven) and 1914 (the date they said Armageddon would start, thus ending the last days). Of course, all of the above beliefs and teachings are now considered to be false. If Russell was to walk into a Kingdom Hall today preaching what he preached back in the 1880s he'd be counseled for apostasy, probably cited for promoting teachings of Satan. I should point out that none of what I'm writing is apostate; it's all fact and found in the publications of the Watch Tower Society. To view what I'm writing as apostate means that the publications of the Society - including the Proclaimers book - are apostate. The facts are; - Russell practiced a form of pyramidology that involved numerology; both are occult - The cover of the Studies in the Scriptures book featured the sun god Ra - The cover of the Watchtower magazine featured the cross and crown which is the symbol of the Masonic group Knights Templar - Masons are an occult group who worship Lucifer None of these facts are disputable and are all part of the roots and history of the Organisation. The Studies in the Scriptures series was viewed as being "The Bible topically arranged". In my opinion it's of note that on the front cover of all these books was the symbol of the sun god Ra, a god with importance in the Masonic movement. Another side note is the use of the cross and crown on the front cover of the Watchtower for many years. This is the symbol of the Masonic group 'Knights Templar' with whom Russell was a 33 degree member. For proof of this see Proclaimers book page 200. Masons all reject key Christian teachings regarding Jesus and worship lucifer. These books are part of the spiritual food that the Society say Christ found to be acceptable, yet they were absolutely steeped in the occult; see below. Russell wrote that if a man was to study the Bible on its own (as he had done...) he would drift into spiritual darkness within a year. However, if that same man was to study the Studies in the Scriptures series he'd remain in spiritual light for many years. Part of the teachings in this series of book was pyramidology, a patently occult teaching; Russell, and later Rutherford, measured the corridors and passageways of the Great Pyramid of Giza and used these measurements to calculate dates around which Russell made predications. Measuring pyramids is actually part of the practice of numerology which is an occult practice. Again, the Society says that Christ found all of these teachings and practises of the Watch Tower Society as being acceptable. The Studies in the Scriptures was part of the "spiritual food" being provided by Russell who was the self-confessed "faithful and wise steward" (the Watch Tower, April 15, 1904, p. 125). However, all of his teachings and beliefs have since been rejected by Jehovah's Witnesses. In 1928 Rutherford denounced pyramidology and Russell's 'Divine Plan of the Ages' (which I'm sure you've seen; it's all about pyramids and looks downright Masonic) as being inspired by the Devil, which they obviously were. It doesn't really matter that these teachings have been abandoned. It is on these very teachings that the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society was founded on. These occult and demonic teachings and beliefs are the roots of the Jehovah's Witness faith, whether you like it or not. And remember, it was in 1919 that the Organisation claims it was chosen as being the one true religion on earth, even though they were teaching false prophecies and practiced occult dogma. Remember you said you and mum and Anna all thought that Gail and I are under demonic influence because we no longer want to be part of the Watch Tower Society? We found that ironic. As I said yesterday, it is Jesus alone who is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE, not an organisation or group of imperfect, uninspired men. Salvation and life comes through Jesus. He said "“I am the bread that came down from heaven”, “I am the bread of life.". This is what the Bible teaches and has to be accepted as truth. John 6:53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.” Life doesn't come from an organisation, let alone an organisation who's roots are in the occult and who now tell you you SHOULDN'T eat the bread or drink the wine, which Jesus patently says a person must do to get life! Goodness me!! Jehovah offers us life through Jesus and son-ship through Jesus, yet you and mum willingly allow yourselves to be told that neither are for you. Why?! Serious stuff. Life is at stake. M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit