Suzie Orman-Bush Owes America His Fortune!

by sammielee24 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Suzie Orman is one of the top rated financial guru's. I believe she's topped Dave Ramsey and a few other of the big guys. In her latest interview, she at least had the guts to say how she felt - good for her! sammieswife.

In a long profile by WWD's Jacob Bernstein, Suze Orman sounds off on George Bush and blames the ex-president for the financial crisis (near the bottom of the first page):

Sitting in a green room after her TV interviews, she lambasts everyone from Alan Greenspan to Larry Summers to the former president of the United States, who holds an especially dark place in her heart. "Commander in Chief?" she says of George W. Bush, with a mix of disbelief and scorn. "You blew up every single financial vessel we had and if you think you aren't personally responsible, well, the blame starts at the top. There is no higher top than you, SIR! If I were you, I would feel so absolutely horrific that I would take every penny I had and distribute it to anybody and everybody to help them in whatever way I could. You owe the American people every penny of your fortune and your family's fortune."
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Gee! I wonder how she feels about Mrs. Madoff?

PS - I agree.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    If I were you, I would feel so absolutely horrific that I would take every penny I had and distribute it to anybody and everybody to help them in whatever way I could. You owe the American people every penny of your fortune and your family's fortune."

now there's a thought

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bah! If Suze Orman is such a financial whiz, why didn't she warn the public of the approaching doom?

Hell, I don't work in the stock market and do not have a degree in finance but I saw this thing coming.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

You might not think she's a whiz...but she's the ONLY person with the balls to come out and say what everybody else in the sector is thinking. She isn't bought off like the folks at CNBC and although I don't believe ANY financial advisor totally, she has always said that unless you have 10 years or more, you shouldn't even be in the game. BTW - she could have warned everybody of a collapse but how many would have listened? I recall shaking my head in amazement that people in California were making on average $55,000 a family and yet those families were buying houses for half a million dollars. Anybody, INCLUDING, the brokers, bankers, investment houses, appraisers and agents, knew way back then that these people couldn't afford those houses and yet, they kept LETTING them buy them up.

How many people once the market crashed last year, decided to listen to those who said things were going well, have stayed in the market? How many watched their investments go down month after month and yet, still listen to the money guys on television telling them to leave their money in? I know people who have lost 60% of their funds because they believed it would turn around and some won't even look at their statements any longer because they can't deal with it. These are people that should have bailed because unless you have 10-20 years after this mess is cleared up, you won't even break even.

sammieswife.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Where ever you put yor money, be it a 401k, CD, Money Market, brokerage account, etc. win or lose, it is your responsibilty, period.

Don't blame CNBC, Cramer, Cavuto, Bush, Clinton, Obama.

Just blame yourself.

Warlock

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Suzie Orman is one of the top rated financial guru's

Rated by whom? She is entertainment.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Suzie Orman is one of the top rated financial guru's

Rated as in books sales and experience as compared to Dave Ramsey, Cramer and ilk. They all sell something different but they are all the same..she as well as the others remains a guru for those who rely on these sort of people for advice. At least she isn't afraid of coming out and saying what she sees..that's the point. Quibble all you want over whether or not she is entertainment or a resource - the point is at least somebody from that industry link is speaking up. I personally don't subscirbe to following the advice of any of them without doing your own research - but the point is she has said what most people know but are too afraid to say. sammieswife.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Bush was spineless and gave in to the Democrat congress. The US government isn't just one man. Almost every so called "guardian" in Washington DC abrogated his (or her) responsibility and oath.

Blame Bush if you want to. Welcome back, Carter.

• Hittman
    Hittman

Susie isn't quite as smart as she wants us to think she is.

Yes, Bush was part of the problem, but it goes back further than that. It really started when Clinton put the CRA on steroids and demanded that Fannie & Freddie hand out more loans to unqualified buyers. Bush then upped the fannie/Freddie quotas. I just made a rather long blog post about it: http://tinyurl.com/dzpxc2

BTW, Ramsey should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Cramer and Orman. His whole thing is getting out of debt and staying out of debt. He doesn't give investment advise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit