A question about Jesus

by startingover 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

What happened to you, is almost exactly how it was with me, except my husband found out the truth of things first. I was a second generation witness, but my grandparents DID become dubs too, about two years after my parents. I was four when they were baptized. Crisis of Conscience totally turned me off, and I never went back, after I finished reading it. My husband actually thought I would still want to go, for awhile........we were fading away. But, I couldn't. We are not df'd or da'd, and all of our family are now out!!

Great having you here. Be patient with your wife. My hubby was with me, and I eventually "heard" him. Don't cram it down her throat, just throw out a little tidbit from time to time.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• startingover
    startingover

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for the advice. Actually, not cramming was exactly what I decided was the best course to take. It's amazing how defensive she can get if I just use one wrong word, so I choose carefully and make it a point to not do any witness bashing. Actually, I am over that. I guess I went through an anger stage, but now so much more has opened up to me that I just let it go.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have your whole family out. I would be satisfied with just having my wife.

Thnaks so much for the welcome.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Welcome to the board.

Be patient with your wife. Mulan is right, just throw tidbits from time to time.

My father da'd himself long before I had an open mind about "the truth." But eventually, little things that he said kept resurfacing.

Check out Freeminds (link at bottom of page), Randy has some excellent information. There is a letter from a brother who slowly got his family out, by incorporating research into their family study. Excellent story.

Fortunately, I have a husband who feels the same way I do. We are both inactive. Our 2 grown children never got baptized and saw through the hypocrisy long before we did. My 15 year old son, who scared me for a while with talks of baptism, doesn't seem interested in the meetings at all now. We do have siblings and parents that are still deeply entrenched and I doubt that that will ever change. But I'm grateful that I will not have to face losing my children due to the religion.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you again.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Startingover
    Let me join the club of people who said how much your experience mirrors our own
    I am just"inactive"but the net has taught me so much , I also read C of C in secret ,had to get the library to call me at work.I think they thaught it was something really subversive!
    I am sorry to hear of your trouble at home, we have the same troubles, my wife is just closed to the subject, afraid to question ,I guess but what the posters say is encouraging ,maybe even someone like her can turn.
    Regarding the calendar I read some fascinating stuff by Stephen J Gould,when the Millenium approached. It did not challenge my faith in Jesus, just the Org and the chronology they use .

I am with Unclepenn on the subject of Jesus. More evidence for him than most other historic charecters,and if he did not teach it,someone just as brilliant would have had to.

Take care, let us know how you get on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit