Ever got some smart explanation, why sisters cannot wear pants at meetings?

by Albert Einstein 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I wonder ....

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

No underpants ladies....

• loosie
    loosie

The elders don't want any competition. Pants make them feel like big boys.

• undercover
    undercover

It has nothing to do with the Bible or Bible principles and has everything to do with the corporate image.

That's all it is...a corporate dress code. They want everyone that represents their publishing corporation to dress in a way that doesn't allow for individuality but lumps everyone into shapeless, colorless lump. That way, no one stands out. The company stands out.

I challenged an elder one time to show me from the Bible why "Christian" men can't wear beards. I even pushed the Bible on him. He wouldn't take it and compared the dress code to that of a large US company that had a strict dress code. Since those employees represented the company, the were given a strict code to adhere to so as to not bring any bad press on the company. He compared that stance to the WT code.

That answer opened my eyes to the fact that we're not Christians with individual consciences and Christian freedom. We were employees of a publishing company and we had to follow the rules.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

actually, the KH in Rapid City SD allows it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I never understood why I wasn't allowed to wear a dress, either.

• DJK
    DJK

keyser beat me to it.

Then again, could you imagine the reaction if a dozen guy's showed up on Memorial night wearing dresses?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

what undercover said

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Yeah, in our congregation dresses are not OK for guys unfortunatelly, but hapilly - at least - we can use lipstick and wear bras...

Albert

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's called WT Tradition. The very same tradition that they try to blow up the Catholic Church with.

In another 30 years, if they last that long, I predict they will still be dressing like they do now. Because they don't ever change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit