Questioned By The Elders. Lawsuit?

by Hangin_on 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anne
    Anne

OUCH!! I think your wife is either looking for a Witness legal way out of your marriage or else she really thinks you were having more than just a text message friendship with the other girl. Either way go to a real marriage counselor or hire a good divorce attorney.

Don't extricate yourself from the Witnesses until you decide what you want for yourself and your child. If you try the fade route and live close to Witness relatives they will try to convert your child. Can you accept that?

It's up to you what you are willing to loose, and how much of a hippocrite you are willing to be to get there. If you want to stay a Witness do what the elder's want. They only have power if you let them have it.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

JW or not, I would be REAAALLLY upset if I found out my husband was "befriending" a female. That can NEVER end well. And I know and you know you use that female friend to complain about your marriage. Put that shoe on your other foot...would you tolerate her having a secret relationship with another man? It's never a good idea if you are concerned about your marriage. That trust issue is one that cant ever be fixed once its broken.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Though it's true that texting to someone of the opposite sex would make any spouse upset (whether man or woman), it's even more upsetting that a spouse would rush to a bunch of strangers to fix any marriage troubles. Your wife shouldn't have gone to the elders. To whom would she have gone if she was not a JW? No one. She would have had to work it out on her own; and if things got too hard for her to fix with you, then perhaps secular marriage counseling would have done the trick. But noooo! She HAD to go to "big daddy" elders who would give you a good whipping.

If you remain in the borg., unfortunately, you would have to pay the price. There's no such thing as privacy, tolerance, confidentiality in this cult. You and ANY of your family members. including your child, will suffer sooner or later by this disgusting organization.

• Borgia
    Borgia

My wife printed out all the text message history

unquote

eh.......why did you go along with that? They, the elders, have effectively screwed you in the sense that they usurped your authority by accepting a case based on hearsay. Text exchanges without knowing what the contents was?

So your wife effectively says: I'm jealous. And because of that she runs to the elders and makes a scene. Now that is what?

Does you wife believe you or not? If not........? time to get some real counceling. And make sure it sticks. Otherwise, get the hell outta there and finish it while you can. This problem will surface again and it will corner you more and more. Say for instance you wife would become jealous because you are talking to men?...what are you goign to do...stop talking to men?

If your wife did believe you, why the hell did she go to the elders. This is man and wife stuff and nobody elses business. As a matter of fact: your business alone. She has no business in screwing you around.......

time to grow some cojones dude.........

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit