Could it be in 2014?

by ozziepost 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

On Day Three of this year's District Convention, the talk "Malachi's Prophecy Prepares Us for Jehovah's Day" brought out the point that Malachi prophecied approximately a hundred years after the Jews returned from Babylon.

Could this be a "softening up" to prepare the R&F that there's still a long way to go for this "system of things"? 100 years from 1914 leads to..... 2014. Will this become the next mental 'milestone'?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• moman
    moman

They are capable of trying anything! They need a new CARROT & STICK, wouldn't surprise me.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I hope so. Another failure will just hurry the inevitable.

But honestly, I think your grasping at a straw here. Don't believe they will go out on a limb like that again, especially on such a silly basis. That's the sort of thinking Fred Franz was infamous for. The "it was 40 years between this event and that event, therefore it's reasonable (read: lets take a quantum leap in logic here) that it should be 40 years between these two other totally unrelated events." And we always tended to swallow that stuff like it was gospel.

S4

• Room 215
    Room 215

Ozzie....

Im impressed-- truly impressed! Do you mean to say you summoned up the stamina to slog through three days of non-stop bovine excretions in order to arrive at this golden nugget of spiritual insight? Wow! You're a better man than I -- by far!

• logical
    logical

when that fails, it will be the "120" years promised to Noah's generation added onto 1914 to give 2034, then when that fails, who knows what else. Im sure they'll think of something.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Makes sense ozzie.

They have two issues of doctrine that must be dealt with fairly quickly

1. 1914
    2. No more annointed or at least no more annointed that people will seriously believe are really of the annointed.

Just as they had to change the generation doctrine. We'll see changes on these two fronts soon.

Joel

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, logical, I have always thought that 2034 would be possible, 120 years after 1914 just like the flood.

• dubla
    dubla
    But honestly, I think your grasping at a straw here. Don't believe they will go out on a limb like that again, especially on such a silly basis.

maybe, mabye not. but i will say i have already heard 2014 being kicked around by some present witnesses (family of mine).

aa

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I can see it now: Sorry, but we were off by another 100 years again (damn pesky mathematics!!), and Adam was REALLY created in 3926 BCE, which means the Last Days start in 2014, which means we've got til 2094 to redo that "generation" thing again.

Yeah, the 2014 speculation doesn't surprise me at all. I had some Witness relatives all up in arms about the Sept 11 events. The usual nonsense and clutching at straws.

S4

• Erich
    Erich

logical wrote:

..when that fails, it will be the "120" years promised to Noah's generation added onto 1914 to give 2034, then when that fails, who knows what else.

Easy to say. It's 2914 then. Some time in the future you will read in WT, that harmagedon already had happened, and we now are living in the thousand years of the New World Order..,-) lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit