Trusting You To Make Me Smile!

by Englishman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

A few months ago, 'Somebody' - or 'Chag' to H20'-ers, and I, had some dialogue about smiley music.

'Smiley' music is music that brings a great big smile to your face, when you hum or whistle along to it, you just can't help a big grin spreading from ear to ear. It has to be good enough for you to say "Wow, that is good", it has to be good enough for someone to take the trouble to wait for the download via audiogalaxy BEFORE they have even heard it.

So, what music / song can you recommend to others like me? Bear in mind, please, that I shall post my opinions very, very honestly, especially if it takes forever to download!

Oh yes, Chags recommendation to me was Sean Morey / The man song.

Mine to you is Barefoot Man / Big panty woman.

Anyone game to give this a go?

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• think41self
    think41self

Eman

I have no idea why this is so, but Jackson Brown's song Oh, Won't You Stay (not sure if that's the actual title but it's in the chorus) makes me smile and dance around the room every time I hear it. I used to use it as my "wake up" song in the morning. I need to start doing that again Thanks for reminding me.

think41self

Holy Flying Screaming Buddha, Batman!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Any of the early ABBA songs.

Now, come on, don't laugh! Really! They're FUN. Still a mega hit in Oz and we should know 'cos we've got sophisticated taste, man.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• mommy
    mommy

I just heard this from another post. Comf posted it...lol it is soo funny. You don't have to wait for it to download, it is a MP3. Too funny, I am wiping the tears away still! Enjoy
    . http://www.scarletmoon.com/fred/sounds/mp3s/Valentine.mp3
    wendy

• pandora
    pandora

There are two very funny songs I can recommend.
    Dr. Dimento - Masochism Tango & It's Christmas and I wonder where I am.
    You might find the chrismas song under Bob & Tom .
    Can't wait to read what you think.
    -P-

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I'm with Ozzie on this one ... "Take a Chance on Me" always wakes me up to a better mood.

NO LAUGHING! I'm serious!

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• AMarie
    AMarie

Are any of you American's familiar with the "Prison Bitch" song? It is so friggin funny!!!! (No offense JoelBear). It doesn't matter how many times I hear it, I laugh so hard I cry. Bob & Tom in the morning's used to play it all the time on a Cincinnatti radio station. (You may have heard it, Bobsgirl)

AMArie

• mommy
    mommy

Amarie!
    LOL I first thought of that song when I read this thread. I was afraid that it might be offensive to some. I have to admit it is hysterical though! I downloaded it from Bearshare.

Eman, now I have DSL I don't have to wait so long for songs to DL. Of course I have almost 1000 songs, so I guess that is bad in a way as well.
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• Julie
    Julie

Hey the E-man,

I hae song for you, a little bit witty but more along the lines of justice in the end that may make you smile. Date Rape by Sublime.

Anyone else here a Sublime fan??? I think those guys were brilliant, big on social justice. Too bad about that wretched drug problem and they are no more. Another song they have, cna't think of the title, maybe "I don't want to leave my bed today"? Good one.

Julie

• thewiz
    thewiz

Fat by Weird Al Yankovic (parody of Bad by Micheal Jacakson) (especially the video)

as well as many from/presented by Dr. Demento...

Shaving Cream...
    One Day the Baby Fell out of the window
    We feared that her head would be split
    But good luck was with her that morning
    she fell in a barrel of shhhhhhhhhaving cream...

be nice and clean
    shave every day and you'll
    always look clean/keen.

Also
    She has freckles on her, but she is nice

Also
    My own Grandpa by Arlo Gutherie

Also
    F**k her gently, by Tenacious D (parental Advisory -my first and only "adult" CD)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit