Tell me please!

by hopelesslystained 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:12.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

So much of all posted is so very much a waste of time. Come on, just walk away! Who and what are they that you are so intimidated by? A bunch of religious zealots! So, a few loved ones and significant others choose to follow and abide by ‘men’s rules’??? Yet, you are allowing them to determine how you feel and what you do. Wake up! Only you are in control of your life.

If in fact, there is an accounting before an almighty being, will you be proud to say you allowed someone, anyone, to determine your decisions and the opinions that came to shape your life?

If you know, in your heart, that what they are promoting, teaching and incorporating into other good and kind-hearted individuals is simply wrong, oppressive, and demoralizing, why would you allow their opinions control your lives?

Only you, are responsible for what you do or don’t do.

Because ‘your family’ decides to believe, why must you? And why must you accept their condemnation?

Tell me. Because I want to know! By the way…I was raised in and my father was and is a very highly respected elder in so. ca!

Hope

• yknot
    yknot

Because everyone is on their own individual path.

Spirituality is in the heart and mind not the pew in which one is sitting.....

One man's heaven is another man's hell

• oompa
    oompa
    H..stained: Yet, you are allowing them to determine how you feel and what you do. Wake up! Only you are in control of your life.
    Dude...it is just not that simple......damm this quote box.........cmon simon.......anyhoo.........stained...some of us LOVE our families...and we DO care what they think or feel about us..........we DO NOT want them to control our lives........but we care about them and hope we can figure out a way that they will no longer feel the need to judge us over our decisions......if you can just tell all you your friends and fam to fuck off.....well.....good for you maybe...in some way i can just not relate to..........oompa
  • parakeet
    parakeet

hopelesslystained: "By the way…I was raised in and my father was and is a very highly respected elder"

Does that mean you walked away from your entire family, your father, mother? siblings? spouse? children? without so much as a backward glance? You must have a hide like a rhino if you're capable of that. Most of us here are humans, not rhinos.

I wonder how old you are. You sound very young, to have such a right/wrong, black/white view of this issue.

• Borgia
    Borgia

So much of all posted is so very much a waste of time.

unquote

You think so,hopelesslystained? Allow me to ask you: Why then are you here?

Cheers

Borgia

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Borjia-- i randomly check in here just to see if there is any news about the org so i do not get blindsided by family and one childhood friend i am still in contact with.

parakeet--yes i did! if i didn't both my children would have been emotionally destroyed along with what was left of myself. no, i am not a 'rhino' just a survivalist. i am not young.

i disappeared for over 2 years, gained my mind and strength along with concentrating on helping my children adjust. all i can say is it worked!

my family look forward to hearing from and seeing me now, i am positive and upbeat with them and they clearly enjoy that. i have set my boundaries with them. one sister is out and we are very close. sad to say the one childhood friend has gone back as she was never able to get her life together and has convinced herself they are the only way, we will see as this is only of recent. neither of my children have any interest in the family as they and the witnesses totally burned that bridge and they are well educated and see through it all.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hstained - I also left with the possiblility of loosing all my family. I walked away at 18 with an infant son and didn't care who liked it or didn't like it.

But, that does not mean that I don't relate to the people here on JWN or any ex-jw. We have a lot in common and can relate to each other. Everyone moves on in their own time and in their own way, just because we post here and support others that are just coming out doesn't mean we are wasting time.

If you feel that way, why are you here posting? I really try not to be judgemental of others even when I don't agree. It's refreshing you should try it.

nj

• Nowman
    Nowman

I too walked away when I was 18, cold heartedly. For me, it was the only way to go. Yet, everyone will handle it in different ways. That is great that you are "so together" about it. Some are not though and need support.

So, if you come to the board, help others that need encouragement, and try not to make others that are having a difficult time feel like "idiots" so to speak, you sound arrogant in your post. You aren't them and have not lived their life. This is an open forum, and you are entitled to your opinion, which I respect...its not a "waste" for people to talk here though, so back off.

Nikki

• oompa
    oompa

ex-nj-jw...that was sooooo nice!...really.....you have a right to way more input than the average person imo....18 and a baby!...just DAMM girl (and i am asuming that...sorry, but i just dont see a guy running of with his baby at 18).............non-judgemenatal is a mantra of mine now...and it started even when i was in...so i was never an elder...thanks girl......oomps

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Tell me. Because I want to know!

Here's my personal reason, my mother got quite ill and had to be taken to a hospital, she was in her early 70's.

Because of her medical condition the doctors wanted to give her a complete blood transfusion, my stupid delusional father quickly brought out

his blood card and the procedure was stopped, she pasted away a couple of days further on and that was the end of my mothers life.

Many people are here talking and expressing their feelings about this corrupt cult because it has direly effected are own personal lives

in a bad way and perhaps we care more for humanity than a corrupt bogus religion that has destroyed so many lives since its inception.

So now you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit