What Advice Would You Give To Anyone Who's Thinking Of Going Back To The Witnesses?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When certain old friends love bomb you or try to make you think of the "good old days", what do you suggest to help them appreciate the reality of things?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I do not think it is up to me to remind them of how things really are. I think it's up to me to mind my own business. Life is short and we must each find our own truth.

• minimus
    minimus

I disagree, Robdar. Minding your own business rarely helps another.

• alanv
    alanv

I'm sure many of us have had witnesses say to us 'Why dont you come back' and I always remember one person who new I disagreed with some of the things taught by the Borg, completely blanking me even though I have only faded. That reminded me that the love shown is totally dependant on you toeing the line. If you dare to disagree with anything the gov. body says that is the end of their love for you.

• minimus
    minimus

That's called Witness Love.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was DF for nine years and went back. All the while still believing it was the truth.

I am not sure what anyone could have told me to keep from going back.

Each persons journey is unique.

I would try to find out why a person left and then why they are going back.

If there are any doubts about going back then there is hope,

otherwise, just becuase a person is DF, or simply not going to meetings anymore

does not mean that the HOLD is as tight as being "IN"

purps

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"what do you suggest to help them appreciate the reality of things?"....Actually there`s not a lot you can do for someone like that..They have been spewing the same crap for decades..When they see you,thier brain is on Automatic Pilot..

Blah Blah..Jehovah,Jehovah..Armageddon,Armageddon..Blah Blah..Jehovah`s Witness`s are the happiest people on earth..Blah Blah..You`ll be back..You Know it`s the Truth..Blah Blah..This "Old System" can`t last much longer!..Blah Blah..Brother Poophead gave a wonderful talk on Sunday..Blah Blah..Your going to just love the article in the New Awake..Blah Blah..This is your Personal Invitation to the Memorial..Blah Blah..We never preached 1975..That was just a handfull of zealous JW`s..Blah Blah..Do you want your family to die at armageddon?Blah Blah

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Robdar
    Robdar

I disagree Minimus. Telling somebody your uninvited opinion makes you look like a know-it-all and makes the other person feel like a child. And really, unsolicited advice isn't much more than a judgment of the person you are telling what to do.

Just because being a Jehovahs Witness isnt' your thing doesn't mean that somebody else has to feel the same way.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Thogh I hate to admit it, and as nauseous as it makes me, outlaw is so right (not because of you, Outlaw but because you're totally dead on)

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'd yell, "Are your out of your freaking mind?"

The ensuing conversation, if any, would determine whether the person in question can be reasoned with or is already braindead. If braindead, then there's no use saying anything more about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit