If you love google and other search engines...you might want to re-think that?

by Alpaca 12 Replies latest jw friends

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Alpaca, it's not only the internet I sometimes question, but history books as well. How do we know that people have written the truth about how things happened in the past? No one alive today was there when Columbus arrived in the Americas.

After coming out the WT, I've learned to question almost everything. I'm not paranoid about everything, but I don't easily accept everything either, without researching it first.

I thought about Orwell's 1984 as well, when I read your first post..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The thing is that with the information no longer written on paper, who can say for sure what the textbook or archive said yesterday when you visited it?

As in "Animal FArm" chapter 8 starts " A few days later, when the terror caused by the execution had died down, some of the animals remembered, or thought that they remembered that the Sixth commandment had said..........................." but "somehow the last two words must have slipped out of the animals memory. They now saw that it said"...................[Having been changed]

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Also, I have posted info from other sites and found the info I copied was immediately removed within a few days from the website where I obtained it!

do tell Cameo? What would threaten someone so much they would feel the need to remove it?

lurk3r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit