Any Evidence WT has published material for other religions/societies?

by cameo-d 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Just curious. After all, they are a big publishing company.

I would think they might have other divisions where the same equip. is used for publishing literature for other groups.

Surely, there is better money in paid contracts.

And other religions as well as societies and organizations have a lot of literature to be printed as well.

Has anyone else ever been curious about WT publishing "outside jobs"?

• Farkel
    Farkel

I believe the WTS publishes "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Illuminati" and "The UN Black Helicopter Review" as well as "Crop Circles for Fun and Prophet".

It has also been rumored that all Governing Body members are Knights Templar, but of course, everyone knows that at least one or two of them are not Templar members at all.

I DO know that Theodore Jaracz is a direct descendent of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdelene, though.

Farkel

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I recall reading about a scandal a few years back in which the BORG printed some Bible for another group that distributed free Bibles (and if I remember correctly, it was the KJV Bible).

Unfortunately, I don't remember any of the details.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

RR posted some info a long time ago, showing that they were selling to the the Bible Students.

I think there was a scanned reciept.

• so
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I haven't managed to find it, but I came ocross this thread that you may find interesting.

The Watchtower and "Studies in the Scriptures"

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

From garybuss

Basically the only reason I see why they published it (or any other book) is to have something to print and distribute to collect revenue. They also printed Benjamin Wilson's Diaglott for years and many of those were sold to the Bible Students (aka, evil slave).

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/134073/1/The-Bible-in-Living-English-1972-Byington-Watchtower-PDF

• yknot
    yknot

Alpaca is correct.........!!!!

They printed bibles for a foreign missionary group 25 years ago or so...........

I am not at my computer (hubby's) but documentation is on the internet somewhere including letters from the mission group acknowledging they received the bibles from the WTS.

IF someone hasn't linked it by the time I get back to mine (a week from now) I will post downloaded.

• yknot
    yknot

Here is a JWD link from the past about it....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/14475/1/WT-printing-Bibles-for-Thailand-Bible-Society

I see both sides of the argument....... the WTS was happy to get their version out in Thai hands thus making conversion easier once the Society was fully into the area. I also see it as a clear act of 'interfaith' as defined to the R&F......and a reason to be DFd or at the very least reproved.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

For those interested in the documentation showing the Watchtower's interfaith activity with the Thailand Bible Society, download the PDF from Internet Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/WatchtowerAndThailandBibleSocietyCorrespondence

The Watchtower Society had the brothers at Bethel print 2,000 copies of an obscure Thai Bible version for the Thailand Bible Society. Actually, it is commendable to see the Watchtower Society get involved in interfaith activity, but it's hypocrisy of the highest sort considering a JW is told he can not have any business dealings with a church of Christendom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit