by Alpaca 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crazycate
    crazycate

"I could have been a sandblaster??!"

Ha!

Cate

• sir82
    sir82
    They could also declare that the preaching work is complete, and move all JW's to one big compound to await the Big A.

That would be one big compound!

Current JW population, if you count little kids and babies, is likely well over 8 million.

Maybe they could buy Utah from the Mormons - you could fit 8 million people there.

• Gill
    Gill

Dubbies don't need a date for the moment as things are looking crazy enough for them to believe they are staring Armagedooom in the face!

However, should things ever settle down I suspect a constant and extreme escape from dubbie land unless a date is unleashed on them.

2014, if we are still here, will be an interesting centenary for the WT society!

'A hundred years and Christ is still sitting on his hands! Why?' would be an interesting WT article!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Exactly what Gill said.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Gill's right. They've already started to hint, very subtly, that, hey, Christ is taking his time! They even mentioned that he's been reigning for almost 100 years recently. Why even draw attention to that?

And what about the articles comparing Jesus' reign with that of Solomon's? They even asked the question, "how can we be sure Jesus reign will be a loyal one?". Guess what, WTS, you don't get to ask that question, ok?

The Bible shows that Solomon's reign turned apostate, Solomon turned his back on Jehovah. Are they trying to hint that, wow, looks like Jesus is doing the same? I mean, he's taking his time, isn't he, eh?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here in "Bible belt", the midwestern United States, the more incredible a religion is, the better people like it. Here we have a large northern Europe population and those Germans, Norwegians, and Hollanders enjoy tormenting their relatives on a good day. The Jehovah's Witness environment is fertile ground for them.

The midwesterners would support the Kingdom Halls if they had a video of Don Adams drunk in Vegas, screwin' a hooker on a black-jack table with a cross tattooed on his ass.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

About 2 years ago a Bethel brother about 30-35 years old had a talk in our congregation about what it means that the end is near. It's the first time I have heard, but he explained that the word near means relatively near. Then he explained why. He talked about prophet Isaiah or was it Sephaniah who predicted that the destruction of Babylon or Jerusalem was near. But it was 200 years ahead. The speaker explained that it's similar today. Near is a relative word.

I have payed that God protects him so that he will not get in trouble. And still he works at bethel and has strange talks at assemblies.

Interesting too see what follows.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

They are running out of stuff to talk about, I mean have you seen the april 15th 09 study article? ha ha ha ha ha is all that could do when I read it.

They are asking the faithful by way of the review box on page 19. this-

What practical lessons do we leaarn from?

The ant?

The rock badger?

The locust?

The ghecko?

Is this the level of spiritual food the fds is pumping out now? it's like freakin sesame street....no wonder they made it a private issue , the public would laugh at this. And they say the clergy talk in spiritual soft tones?

my blog.

http://deathorobedience.blogspot.com

• Gordy
    Gordy

Time is now one of the Watchtowers biggest enemies.

2014 will be hundred years since Christ "took up power" in the heavens and came invisibly. They could stretch it to 2018/19 to when Christ "chose" the Watchtower to be "Gods organisation".

But the thing is that they just didn't expect to be here in "this system" this far along in time. It should have been "Paradise" by now.

Older ones are getting tired or even dying off. Younger ones are starting to look at the Watchtower and ask questions

The "get out there and preach, the times are urgent" attitude seems to have gone also.

I've met more JWs in my local pub (bar) than out on the streets.

There seems to have been more changes in teachings and with meetings. In the last say, 5 years, than in all the 30 when I was a JW.

To paraphrase Shakespeare "There is something rotten in the state of Watchtower."

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Explain cults that focus on colonics.

Cults mainly focus on the idea of "secret" and "special" knowledge as revealed by the leader(s) of the group (usually charasmatic). JWs are unique in that they have lost the leaders and instead are living of the legacy of those leaders (much like the Philadelphia Church of God lives off the legacy of Herbert Armstrong)

The Witnesses ulitmately have to move away completely from timetables. Their main message for many years has been "closeness" to the end. Many other movements started out that way but eventually minimized that aspect of their theology and began to look more long term. The Watchtower is at the point where the transition is occuring. Eventually they will move away from "urgency" and turn to longer term thinking. They may be late to changing, but they will change. All religions do...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit