Placing old magazines in laundry mats..etc

by donny 14 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

It sure feels strange to see magazines in laundrymats today that I actually studied back in the day when I was in the org. I did keep one that mentioned that Paul was starting a work that would be completed in our 20th century. So shouldn't the witnesses be kicking back and waiting for good ol' Armageddon?

Don

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

This was actually my favorite type of ministry. I could count time without having to talk to anyone.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember being so guilt ridden when I tossed a bunch of old magazines when I moved out of my house into a small apt. It's small and room is a luxory. I still have a bunch in the back of my closet and I may go through them for those pre-2000 magazines

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

We live in an impoverished part of the country. There is no electricity, plumbing, sewer, etc.. So, we keep all the old mags in the outhouse.

• jws
    jws

I remember hearing you weren't supposed to place magazines that were too old either. If you're getting rid of old mags regularly, there's no reason why you'd have 20-year old magazines.

Unless it's somebody who wants to catch the eye of JWs who are leaving them there. And "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" would be a good eye-catcher. Probably an old-timer who no longer believes and has old magazines from years and years ago.

Or, some well-meaning JW inherited them and decided they'll do some good work by being placed. And let's face it, sure these things contain "old light", but some of that is so esoteric. The average person reading the occassional JW magazine isn't going to pick up on those bits. If anything, the public will read the fluff stuff anyway, not the study articles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit