I told the WT study last night that the Fresno woman on TV is a JW

by BonaFide 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

One of my last threads I talked about how this brother calls me and we talk and he listens and we remain friends even though I tell the truth about the organization. Why? Because I always say, "no matter what, I support the Organization and the GB."

Some of you may think that's lying, which it is. But it seems to be working for me.

Last night at our weekly WT study with a few friends (Most are from one extended family, so the elders say its ok), I supported the WT's points. After the study, I said, "Hey, listen to this article in the Fresno Bee. I will read all of it." Several in the group had seen Extreme Makeover this week with the woman in the wheelchair. I had found out that she is a Witness by reading it here on JWN.

Anyway, I read the article and everyone was shocked when I read that a church had paid her mortgage of $25,000. One sister said, "Well, the church must just want publicity." But another said, "Wow, I doubt that the congregation would give that sister $25,000 for her mortgage."

So I replied, "The Society doesn't really allow the congregation to make a huge donation to one person. The elders are told to send the money to New York to build Kingdom Halls. And what is more important, Kingdom Halls, right?" Then one sister said, "No, I mean, yes, I mean that was great that that church helped the sister. I don't know." And another brother said, "We can't really help individuals, but its kinda weird. I wonder if the Witnesses helped build?"

So I said, "Well, I mean did that woman really NEED that house? Maybe she didn't really need it." So then the same sister piped up and said, "Yes she did need it. That was wonderful that she was helped. "

It was interesting, and awkward for a few minutes.

This is the same group that said "Don't talk like an apostate" to me a few months ago. Some are Witnesses that are many decades in the "truth." They would NEVER have allowed me to criticize the Organization. So I ALWAYS support the Organization, and then I bring out the information I am learning on here, and my own research as a result of learning on here.

It's working I think, little by little.

BF

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Then one sister said, "No, I mean, yes, I mean that was great that that church helped the sister. I don't know."

Bonafide, I don't know of anyone else who could pull this off like you are doing, but I seriously have to hand it to you... you are the Cognitive Dissonance Reverse Psychology GOD.

I am dazed and amazed (not to mention quite pleased and pretty much in awe.) Godspeed to you. Please please please... keep it up.

Love,
    Baba.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks. It's weird when I comment about the Faithful Slave and support it, but I view like money in the bank that I draw out later when I say truthful stuff.

BF

• undercover
    undercover
    Some of you may think that's lying, which it is.

Actually, it's called Theocratic Strategy, which is lying.

The Society uses it, so kudos to you for using it to help people see the light.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Friends, I think we've coined a new phrase here: Anti-typical Theocratic Strategy (or ATS for short). Freddie Franz would be proud!

• sacolton
    sacolton

... she needs a home when the end is soooooo close?

• rebel8
    rebel8

DITTO to what Baba said! That is an awesome approach--never even occurred to me to say that! [Oh well, too late for me.]

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

BF,

I just love it! I think you may have come up with an ingenious strategy. Keep letting us know how it goes!

• trebor
    trebor

BonaFide, excellent work! Just to get them to think and rethink their positions puts wheels in motion which otherwise may have never moved.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

So as long as you say "I support the organization no matter what" you can get away with murder! That's like being able to say anything you want about someone as long as you follow it up with "bless his heart". You know, "Joe Blow is a wife-beating alcoholic, bless his heart".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit