The Secret Pioneer School Manual

by WuzLovesDubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I never had one of those....I had the Elders "Shepherding" book ..The BOE promptly took it back off me when I resigned as elder . I took a few pages photo copied. Today it is on line anyway.

Why so secret? The contents are not really different to other publications..

Human nature loves having access to privileged info that the rest do not have - it feeds the ego

It makes the elders feel important , and feeds the myth among the r & f that elders are special and have privileged info , so they must be right..

It is all a matter of control

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

It's about making the pioneers feel "special". Dubs are the masters of "us vs them". Not only using it between members and non-members, but also internally so that pioneers don't form close friendships with non-pioneers. They don't want these to become corrupted by the rank and file who may not be totally indoctrinated, so they keep these pioneers feeling like they're doing a service just by talking to non-pioneers. They always have their guards up when talking to the "weaker ones".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have a much better idea. It is a book that is available to the public for about $25 a copy, and anyone can read it. It is called "The God Virus", and is available at www.thegodvirus.net . I feel that it will teach you a lot more about God than any books, courses, or littera-trash (secret or not) that the Washtowel Slaveholdery could ever come up with. And, once you get the book, if you see fit to cross-reference anything, it comes complete with footnotes that list the web site links to their studies.

Now, if they claim that everyone would benefit by drawing closer to God (which I don't count as a benefit), then why do they have to keep parts of it secret? So the public can't get access to it? Like it isn't going to show up on the Internet, thanks to the one apostate that uploads it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I went...don't remember the book, any special secrets or not to share with others.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I still have mine from 1989, with my comments and footnotes lol

It's even got signatures and messages in the back from all those that attended my pioneer school, how nice lol

Paul

• rebel8
    rebel8

I went maybe 22 years ago. I don't remember any secrets in it. It was similar to the Reasoning book IIRC. Or maybe I just didn't realize the significance of the bs in there like I would today.

IIRC, it was a bunch of papers stapled together, not a bound book. And it was pretty thin--like a syllabus of things we'd be discussing in class, not much content.

I do remember the instructions to ignore the Do Not Calls and No Trespassing signs. I don't know if that was in the book or not.

IIRC pio school was mainly discussions of how important the preaching work is and how great we were for doing our duty.

Our class was almost full of recovering alcoholics who spent much of the time competing with each other to see who had been the biggest badass.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

This woman I did all this work for, she went from Illinois to Wisconsin Janesville to attend the school with a bunch of others. We brought her up there and then when she was about to come home they had a special meeting and one of the Gov Bod was there...Jaracz I think..to speak and I looked around at all these people hanging on every word this man said like he was God himself. I was sick as a damn dog...that I do remember...with baaaaaaaad bronchial infection I had managed to get at a Cubs double header two days before. So I coughed through the entire talk he gave.

How damned disrespectful of me LOL but you woulda thought people GLOWED IN THE DARK after attending that damn thing. I didnt know any better, as I had just started studying like a month before that and so it was all oooooohs an ahhhhhhhhhhhhs to me at that point.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's no biggie. After all, they give it to SISTERS so how special can it be?!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My gran went to one of those. Afterwards she showed the book to me, I paged through it but it didn't grab my attention - there were no pictures.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

...grabbing Mickey by his neanderthal ears and shaking the mouse poop outta him for that

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit