Scan needed - Awake May 22 1994 - Youths died without blood

by jwfacts 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am after a high quality scan of the cover of the May 22 1994 Awake on Witness youths that died refusing blood transfusions. I also need scans of the stories of the children; that is, pages 3 to 15.

Thanks.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm sorry, I don't have the scan. I just wanted to relate a story from about the same time regarding a witness youth that refused blood when his appendix burst.

He was a minor (16?) and they tried to get a court order..but the JW parent took him out of the hospital and the other witnesses paid for him to be transported to Texas to have a No- Blood operation. He did survive. The boy was somewhat mentally disabled but was still quite functional. The thick glasses that always slid sown on his nose made him look more so than he was.

Anyway, after a long and hard fight he gor fully recovered.

That summer he and a group of the other JW boys went swimming in a river that was known for it's dangerous currents and he drowned.
    I don't know why but that story always got to me. After all that work..fighting for his life and staying so loyal to the JW religion, having so many loyal supporters behind him, only to have his life snuffed out .

I later met the Dad (who had since also became a JW) in the hospital visiting his JW wife that was also dying from Cancer.He said they had another son later that looked exactly like the son that died.
    Later in the year I found out both he and his wife had died. He had just found out he had prostate cancer when his wife was dying.

I keep trying to remember the scripture that the JW's always liked to quote about how Jehovah blesses his people...

And then I remembered a toddler that also had been denied blood and died from luekemia..his parents left the religion and later came back. I don't know if they stayed in the religion or not. Many leave because they blame God for their child dying.

Snoozy..who has her own "Youths Died without blood"..stories...

• middleman
    middleman

Mr. Facts I hope this works............here's the whole PDF. http://www.4shared.com/file/67618927/df3c9b90/1994_Awake_May_22_YouthsWhoPutGodFirst.html

Blessings....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thank you middleman, that is perfect.

Snoozy, that is a point that always got to me too. Jehovah's blessings always seemed to be selective. It is hardly a blessing when one person is "saved" if someone else in the same situation is not.

• middleman
    middleman

No problem bro...let me know when you're done with your article concering this issue. I love your website and refer to it quite a bit.

Blessings...

• Watchtower-Free
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I keep trying to remember the scripture that the JW's always liked to quote about how Jehovah blesses his people.

In J W land, God's blessing does not mean that you do not suffer adversities or tragedy. It just means that "God makes you strong enough to cope with it". Of course if someone does not cope and breaks down, mentally or "spiritually" then that is their fault, not Gods. They evidently did not pray enough, rely on Him enough etc etc.......

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Watchtower-Free

Thanks for link as I no longer have my original copy.

It's now downloaded for future reference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit