Is anyone staying with the stock market?

by Bubblie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Just wondering should I take my money out and buy gold? Is that just crazy?

Kit

• parakeet
    parakeet

I wouldn't dream of advising you what to do with your money. First, I know next to nothing about how the stock markets work, and even if I did, the markets can be so volatile that even an expert would be unable to tell you what to do with complete confidence. Do whatever you think is best, and hope it works out. I think that's what most of us are doing, anyway.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I still have some money in the stock market. But I did sell some mutual funds this week. I also sold some stocks and bought a little gold. The cash from the mutual funds that I sold I am putting into money markets.

Most of the individual stocks that I own are WalMart stock. I figure they're going to be around for a long time.

• moshe
    moshe

A ponzi scheme works as long as more people are putting money into it than are withdrawing money from it. The stock market works the same way, too.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

There are too many factors involved to give a straight yes or no answer!

Ignore the fact that there is an economic downturn and just consider the same points you would at any other time - such as would you be trading at a significant loss and if so, would reinvesting recover any trading loss you make? If gold is at a top price now, is the only way back down? How relatively 'safe' are the shares you hold (eg scarred for life's comment)? Are you invested for the long-term etc.

Stock market trading is a gamble, some you win, some you lose. Hopefully you win more than you lose!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The stock market has already took a huge beating; pulling your money out now would "lock in" your losses and you'll miss out on the gains once it starts to recover.

Of course, no one knows if it's hit bottom yet. So we may be in for some additional losses. And who knows how long it will take to recover.

Gold doesn't seem like a good buy right now; the price is quite high.

Just my thoughts...

• oompa
    oompa

i'm lettin it ride...just like at the craps table. if i pull out now a lose a ton if i leave in in i lose a little less cause just over half is gone!...lol

have to laugh or i would cry.....i am betting it will take eight to ten years to get back to where i had it 15 months ago....unbelievable, but history does say it comes back, but maybe not in a globals recession.......who knows?..........oompa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I took half of my money out of the market when bushy boy stole the presidency and put

it in a bank CD. The other half I try not to think about. I own my house for the past 16 years.

I'm somewhat diversified.

This happened the last time a dingbat named Bush was president.

I hope everyone remembers this before they elect Jeb or any other

Republican.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Yup, but with tight stops.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit