Is anyone familiar with the Quran, Hadith and Sharia?

by heyfea 10 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

Should these hate speech against Jews, Christians and all other non-Muslims found in them be outlawed in the U.S.?

Heyfea

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Weren't they on American Idol?

• minimus
    minimus

Oh Quirky, you are on today!

• heyfea
    heyfea

Seriously,

Quran 8:12 "Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: 'I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes."

Quran 9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, lie in wait and ambush them using every strategem of war."

Sahih Bukhari 4:52:177 Muhsin Khan: "The Hour Resurrection will not take place until the Muslims fight the Jews, and kill them. And the Jews will hide behind the rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him."

• minimus
    minimus

Is this too different from certain Bible passages?

• heyfea
    heyfea

If at any point in time similar passages from the bible are enforced on us to act upon, by religion or state, then these passages should also be removed.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

That's some f*cked up shit.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi heyfea. There are two main problems with how the Qur'an and hadith have been interpreted by radical islamists.

1 Unbelievers are not to be confused with 'the People of the Book' (ie Jews, Christians and other Muslims) - they are two completely seperate groups. In fact, Muslims are commanded to protect the latter group, not persecute or kill them.

2 In a similar way as you yourself have done within this topic, odd verses are taken out of their original context, both literary and historical and turned into 'eternal commands'

Also, on the question of hadith, some of them are of disputed authenticity - even by mainstream Islamic scholars.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Sad emo,

I am only a little familiar with all this because I read a book by a former Muslin woman who lived in Egypt for 30 years ("Cruel And Usual Punishment").

Anyways, you seem to know more. I really don't know if what this woman quotes in her book are out of context. But I do know that some (really a small group) of the Muslims living in the USA want to establish Sharia law in the USA. I also know that many Muslims are speaking out against it.

If Sharia becomes law in the US, then secular courts will be meaningless. In that case, the U.S. would also have to allow JW judicial meetings to decide whether one is guilty or not, and this decision would be final, (and we know how "just" this meetings are). No. This would strip many people of their God given human rights.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I don't think there is much chance of Sharia becomming law in the US. I've read some of the Quran, but it is pretty boring and difficult to believe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit