Would you die for someone else?

by LouBelle 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

So many times we hear " I'd die for you " or " I'd die for **insert name/parent/lover** But would you really?

The death may be a painful one and ask yourself if somebody else really deserves your life.

When someone said that to me I told them they probably wouldn't, this person got a little offended and when asked if I would die for them I said "NO".....that didn't go down too well.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Interesting question Lou....I think like me you are logical, does anyone really know for sure until they face death? I hope to find someone in life I could honestly say that to.....I would take on two pitbulls for my dogs and fight to the death since they show me incredible love.....however, for my {seperated} wife I would call a slow ambulance...

Miss my dogs!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I would die for my children, no problem

nj

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

No. Because being dead accomplishes nothing. Hypothetical situations where one person makes the ultimate sacrifice for a group are so rare as to be non existent.

Dave

• carla
    carla

I would for my kids any day. I would also not worry about it if I was attemtping to protect someone or say rushing to move a child out of the way of oncoming traffic or whatever. I think sometimes the old jw thinking may come into play when these types of questions are asked on the board. To me, a non/never been jw, I truly believe that the end of my life is not the end for me. This annoys my jw no end, he claims I am lying when I say I am not afraid to die. Not in any hurry though. I'm not looking forward to the process of dying which can be painful and heartbreaking. It also annoys him when I say that to me there are worse than things than dying, sometimes surviving would be worse to me. (note- that is a personal choice not meant to be imposed upon anybody else in the case of some horrible accident)

• ninja
    ninja

to die for someone else is both beautiful and stupid

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would die for my wife and children. No problem. It's my duty.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Without question.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Who will do what when a situation presents itself is another question. It is easy hypothetically to say you will die for someone else. The reality will be a lot less clear if and when a situation presents itself.

I think I will ask in advance everyone close to me (family..Friends) if they would die for ME. If they answer in the affirmative I am off the hook.

If THEY are in danger of loosing their life they have already said they would die for me. It seems pointless to not let them have the opportunity to follow through on their commitment.

This is said tongue in cheek in case SOME don't recognize an attempt at humour...

• Gregor
    Gregor

If you mean that if my death could clearly prevent the death of a loved one or any child,( like the impulsive action of running into a burning bldg or in front of a train to push them to safety, )yes, I know I would. Otherwise, it would have to be a described circumstance to give an honest answer. Jumping into a body of water, for example, would be a stupid waste since I can't swim..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit