Would American Witnesses Really Die For Their Beliefs?

by Dune 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How's this?

People die in accidents from going to boasting sessions that should have been cancelled for bad weather. They die in accidents and persecution from going out in field circus, when they should have either stayed in for bad weather or sickness, or should have left a particular house uncalled on. A few die from going to boasting sessions when they should have gone to the hospital instead. They have also died from the blood issue, and from organ transplant issues between 1967 and 1980.

More important, they "die" in the sense that they are not living their own lives. All the while they are out in field circus, studying God's words or littera-trash based on it, or at boasting sessions, they are living God's life or the life of someone representing (or claiming to represent) Him instead of their own. Every time they have the chance to enrich their own lives or someone else's life and pass it by in obedience to God's rules or the rules of someone claiming to represent Him, they are "dying" to the extent that they are living God's life instead of their own. To me, that is as bad.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Homerovah

Many do, some wont, thats the fact of the matter and a sad one.

Its been estimated that @ 100 JWS die needlessly every year due mostly to not taking a blood transfusion.

That's The Truth ©. My JW Mom was fooled into following that exact path. She thought she was "...making Jah smile." From what I've read of Him...I think she succeeded.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Who of Jehovah's witnesses dare to question 1914 as the year of God's kingdoms establishement?

Who dares to show their elders Acts 1:6,7:

When, now, they had assembled, they went asking him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” 7 He said to them: “It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction;

Who of JW:s dares to claim that people should not try to calculate times or seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction, for example the establishement of the Kingdom, according to Jesus' words above.

Then who of the Jehovah's witnesses dares to point to the fact before the elders that according to Revelation and also paradoxially according to the book Revelation- Its Grand Climax at Hand that the birth of the Kingdom is connected to the 3:rd woe, but that it also says that we live now and fullfill only the 2:ond woe. That this means that we have not yet come to the 3:rd woe, to the birth of God's Kingdom.

Quote from Revelation climax-book page 220, § 22:

The final three trumpet blasts were different, for they were called woes. (Revelation 8:13; 9:12) The first two of these consisted particularly of the locusts and the armies of cavalry, while the third introduced the birth of Jehovah’s Kingdom. (Revelation 9:1-21; 11:15-19)

The book explains that the locust ( first woe) symbolized anointed christians in the preaching work from 1914 forward until "the other sheep appared". And the armies of cavalry symbolizes today's preaching activity of JW:s, the second woe. So, the third woe introduced by the birth of God's Kingdom should not yet have happened! That clearly shows: No God's Kingdom in 1914.

I've shown this to many Jehovah's witnesses, and they admit, that this seems to be true. But no one dares to push the matter futher. They do not want to get problems.

They say they have the truth, but they still prefer many lies. Many of them might be ready to die for some matters of faith but in other matters of faith they do not sacrifice themselves.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have found in the literature and as a study that JWs are risk averse.

Everyday things like riding a motorcycle, playing in sports, watching or participating in rodeo and rock climbing are avoided or suggested to be avoided.

Even when it comes to the ministry, risk is to be avoided, I asked why, if the world is in such danger from time being short, that I have never heard, nor hear of a JW going to a Christian church, which would certainly be filled with people interested in the Bible and wanting to do God's will, and telling people this message. Why not warn them of the danger out of love and concern for their well being? The answer I got was a concern for personal safety and a fear of being assaulted by the Christians. What a timid little person, and how far removed from the bold proclaiming done by Christians in the first century, at risk of life from the hand of the mightiest world power of the time.

I would expect a high AWOL rate from this bunch, if the squeeze is ever put on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit