Life as a Jehovah's Witness viewed as a performance

by slimboyfat 13 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

looking back I guess my problem was with the reality that only one performance was allowed. They never allowed any changes in the script. I was always playing catch-up with the one performance and never quite got it.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

May I ask you why exactly you make mention of it's "too late and they're baptized"? What exactly is too late about it?

I know of a few people who regret getting baptized (myself included). The reason I say "too late" is because once someone gets baptized into this organization, there is no honorable way out. One must either conform to keep their family, or one must lose everything they've ever had in order to start over. I would imagine that if one studied the true history of the WT, they would never get baptized in the first place, thus they would never have to go through some of the pain experienced by baptized JW's who leave. I hope this makes better sense..

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

1 Cor 4:9

...For it seems to me that God has put us the apostles last on exhibition as men appointed to death, because we have become a theatrical spectacle to the world, and to angels, and to men

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

They are in a "spiritual paradise"!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit