coheedandcambria

by isaacaustin 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Coheedandcambri

Care to share your story with us? I would be interested to hear. Many here would love to give you whatever support you need. If you prefer to speak privately pm me.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Indeed! Hello and welcome, we are glad you are here. I just saw your post on CoCo's birthday thread... we are here for you.

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

Oh my, where to start. Its really just a run of the mill rebellious child story. baptized at 8, molested, turned to drugs at 12, lost virginity at 13, told my dad at 15, disfellowshipped then moved to rehab when I was 16, then moved to big city to live on the streets, came back to home at 17, reinstated and unhappy at 18! Quick timeline. I just am here to observe really. I dont have much to tell, not anything that anyone else hasn't experienced.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

coheedandcambria

Do you have any questions, or any issues at all you would like to talk about? Anything at all. Feel free to talk either on here or via PM. And I am truly sorry for your hardships.

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

no no! dont be sorry. It's actually very common and I am happy I had my experiences. I really wouldn't change what I have gone through for any amount of money. And I don't really have any issues. You know how the JW world is, you're not really taught to talk about feelings or issues, and I think with my father being the epitome of that mantra, I have a harder time talking about myself, and would rather just see what others say!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ok, then by all means observe...look around. :) And the offer to talk is always open...on the forum or just click on my name to send me a private message.

If you don't mind my asking- where do you stand in your view of the org? I won't be back online to see your answer till tomorrow.

Take care

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I sent you a PM coheedandcambria

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

I can see the hypocrits and I can see those that truely feel that this is the way for them. Like any other religion, I think that if it gives people hope, it's not hurting anything. But the policies they enforce usually hurt more then help, and I can see that clearer then a lot of people I know. My brother and sister are both still disfellowshipped, and I see the hurt in my mom's eyes when my father freaks out if she checks on them. I know me living on the streets wasn't what my parents had in mind for me, but they wouldn't take me back into the house until I conceded to the "fact" that I "needed Jehovah to survive". Now I'm trying to go off to college, but they won't support it or even talk about it, and it just puts up more walls. I mainly came back to make my dad proud of me, because I realize that they have so much hurt in their lives with my brother and sister, but at the same time I know they could change it and it shouldn't be up to me. I feel like it is however, so I am back in the congregation, hanging out with friends. Of course I still do things that I want to, sneak off to Seattle to see my part of the "world", and drugs are still a small part of my life. I guess I feel that if me pretending to do this will make my parents happy, I can deal with it for 3 more months till I'm off to college and I can do my own thing without them knowing. Thank you for your interest haha, and I love hearing your stories. The sex in field service is my favorite, brings back some naughty memories.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    I realize that they have so much hurt in their lives with my brother and sister, but at the same time I know they could change it and it shouldn't be up to me.

You said a mouthful there... not only shouldn't it be up to you to fix it, it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to fix it... that is something that only they themselves can do, and you can't hold your breath waiting for it.

I'm happy you are looking into going to school... kudos to you! I hope you can endure this for three months... strength to you, I think you're going to need it.

Love,
    Baba.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

coheedandcambria,

Welcome to the board. I live in Lacey. If you would like to get together sometime, just PM me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit