Now we'll never know the "Rest of the Story"

by lisavegas420 6 Replies latest social current

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29453657/

Paul Harvey died Saturday in a Phoenix hospital near his winter home. The radio broadcasting legend was 90. The "Chicago Tribune" quotes Bruce DuMont, president of the Museum of Broadcast Communications saying of Harvey, he was "the most listened to man in the history of radio. Tom Langmyer, WGN Radio Vice President and General Manager said, "Paul Harvey was one of the greatest broadcasters of all time. He wove stories of life together in a way that will never be matched."

Date of Birth:09/04/1918
    Date of Death:02/28/2009
    Age at Death:90

lisa

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I first heard him in about 1988 or 1989 as he was a regular on a station I would listen to in the mornig. LOVEd his stories and the warmth and interest with which he told them.

Last I heard one of them was a year or two ago.

Sad to see another notable leave us.

-Aude.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    He wove stories of life together in a way that will never be matched

I really don't know how people could listen to him on a regular basis. That whistling noise he made when he spoke was very annoying to me. It was like a whistle at the end of every sentence.

And those those long pauses .... voice intonations ... I just don't get it .....

"This is Paul Harvey ... stand by for NOOOOOOOOZE!!!"

And the "page 2" stuff ...

I just couldn't take it.

Rub a Dub

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

He was a class act. Sorry to hear of his passing.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Paul Harvey died

that IS the rest of the story

adieu, m. harvey

• choosing life
    choosing life

I've never been much for talk radio. Prefer music. But my husband got me to listening to him a few years ago. I loved his stories. Larry King replayed his last interview on his show after he died. He was charming and very sincere.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I enjoyed listening to him in the '70s. I liked that the stories were usually about famous people I was familiar with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit