HOW LONG BEFORE JWS STOP GROWING?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• catbert
    catbert

From a recent Pew report:

"Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religious tradition. Only 37% of all those who say they were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses still identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses."

http://religions.pewforum.org/reports

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

http://pewforum.org/news/display.php?NewsID=14974

On the same forum its claimed JW's are growing the fastest. Go figure....

Agent Smith

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I think you have to define "growing"....

There are a number of different ways to evaluate "growth."

As far as I recall, in most countries, their numbers are stagnant as a percent of the total population. Also, last year there was a report that Dubs have the lowest retention rate of any religion in the United States. That means that for every congregation of active Dubs there is probably half a congregation of ex-Dubs (or some other astonishingly big number).

Also, as another current thread is discussing, the quality of the Dub recruits is in the dumper. Years ago (50s, 60s, 70s), in spite of the flawed theology, the religion did attract (i.e., not born-in) some very intelligent people. Now, they are having a hard time retaining even the born-ins if they have half a brain.

The only thing the BORG has is the mantra of the "The End is Near....blah, blah, blah....the new system will soon replace this system...blah, blah, blah...."

How long are Dubs going to swallow the company line? Forever? Maybe, but I don't think so. They are already suffering significant erosion of quality and numbers. Plus the internet exposes them at every turn. For the old-timers, I think when 2014 rolls around, they are going to realize that the GB are just a bunch of self-deluded, megalomaniacs who are really just pathetic little men.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

• done4good
    done4good

Most people forget that there was a jw "baby boom" starting in the mid '90s. Inasmuch as the borg only counts "publishers" towards their membership statistics, it is no wonder the membership is still on the increase in the US. Most of these kids are now old enough to be forced into becoming a "publisher" in one form or another.

During most of my years with the jws, (up until around the mid-'90s), it was basically considered taboo to have children, "in this dying system". That all changed with the generation change in '95, as well as the early '90s changes on higher education. Most jws today live lives as "normal" people, imo.

Normal people eventually leave the borg. The kids becoming pubs today are in that category.

j

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

THey stopped 'growing' about 5 years ago, they are now actually declining in most countries... However they are just making up the numbers. They are liars, it's just that simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit